Wire between the Fuselage and Vertical Stabilizer?


Hey guys…

Could someone tell me…What’s the wire that ties between the fuselage and the vertical stabilizer? What is it called and what purpose does it serve?

As seen on several jets and larger prop airplanes.



I had one on my plane from the fuselage to the top of the vertical fin, and it was for the ADF (automated / automatic Directional Finder).

My ADF ghosted up, so the wire came off :slight_smile:


HF (high frequency) radio antenna


Assuming that jets and larger prop airplanes follow the same scheme for antenna locations, you may find flyingstart.ca/FlightTrainin … ennae.html helpful for identifying what does what in what pokes out of an airplane.