Touching the Antenna Cable?

Looks like residual flux (probably).
You could try washing it with a PCB cleaner or alcohol … or you could ignore it as it won’t change your performance.

Smithers1962 kindly 3D printed the enclosure and I finally got all the bits and pieces I needed to put it together. Looks great!!

5 Likes

I’m always a fan of as cool as possible. Having the receiver in its box in another box will drive up receiver temps even more. With the one chip already looking like there might be heat discoloration, if you can, it might help the receiver to de-box it since it is protected with the outer box. Just a thought.

Might be a good call to remove the casing on the PS+; the little Pi is running at ~60 degrees (below the max 85 however), probably heating up the whole corner of the room!Screenshot 2021-10-19 164459

My Pi 3 B+ runs at around that temperature or higher all the time, even with the top of the case removed (which I had to do earlier this week because it’s been unseasonably hot for the past few days.) The ambient temperature here is 28C so that’s why. It runs a bit cooler on cool rainy days.
system-localhost-temperature-24h
(The gap is from my dog managing to loosen my power strip’s plug from the back of my UPS during the night.)

So you already have your dog doing the maintenance for you, well trained :smile:

Maintenance, no. More like sabotaging my stats. :slightly_smiling_face: He’s gotten in the habit of sleeping under the computer table lately, near the UPS, instead of on his blanket. Maybe because it’s been hot. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow through the weekend though. Hopefully he’ll go back to the blanket then. (That’s him in my avatar BTW.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.