Source packages?

An update:

I put the whole project aside for a few days because (a) I had a lot of other things to do and (b) the piaware package was giving me a lot of grief. Yesterday I took it up again and by now all the rpms build cleanly. This doesn’t mean that they work; of course they don’t and now I’m in the debugging phase. Things like

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/lib64/tcl8.6/tclx8.4/autoload.tcl", O_RDONLY) = 5
fcntl(5, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC)           = 0
ioctl(5, TCGETS, 0x7fff1c06d9d0)        = -1 ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
read(5, "#\n# Modified version of the stan"..., 4096) = 2272
read(5, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(5)                                = 0
access("/usr/share/tcl/piaware/main.tcl", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "piaware: can't read '/usr/share/"..., 67piaware: can't read '/usr/share/tcl/piaware/main.tcl' (tcllauncher)) = 67
write(2, "\r\n", 2
)                     = 2
close(4)                                = 0
exit_group(254)                         = ?
+++ exited with 254 +++

because that tcllauncher specfile that I swiped from SuSE moved tcllauncher’s basedir from /usr/lib to /usr/share. Anyway, all the FA packages and their external dependencies are here and anyone who wants to help debug is most welcome. All you need is a CentOS 8 VM. Run this as root

dnf install epel-release

cat << EOF > /etc/yum.repos.d/provocation.repo
[provocation]
name=provocation-$releasever
baseurl=http://www.provocation.net/rpms/el8/rpms
gpgcheck=0
enabled=0
EOF

and then install stuff with

dnf --enablerepo=provocation --enablerepo=epel install <package name>

Do not enable the provocation repo by default, because it contains other stuff that conflicts with epel.

The first thing is to iron out pure packaging bugs like the one above. No radio hardware is needed for that. When all the basic applications (tcllauncher, piaware, dump1090, mlat-client) can actually start and run and communicate with each-other, we’ll see about them being able to also do some actual work. I’ve got a new sdr dongle on its way from the UK for that purpose.

This thread is meant for general discussion, not as a bug tracker, so I set up a proper bug tracker here. With a bit of luck and a bit of help we might soon have a nicely packaged x86_64 FA application family.