SearchBirdseyePositions

Does “SearchBirdseyePositions” even work? It never returns any results for me! The fault string always returns No Result. Even the examples provided in the documentation (such as “{< alt 100} {> gs 200}”) return no results to me!

When I use the “SearchBirdseyeInFlight” it works perfectly, but “SearchBirdseyePositions” has never worked for me.

Any ideas?

I’m having some trouble as well, probably a coding issue (help!):

<?php ini_set('display_errors', '1'); $options = array( 'trace' => true, 'exceptions' => 0, 'login' => 'abcdefg', 'password' => 'abcdefg...', ); $client = new SoapClient('https://flightxml.flightaware.com/soap/FlightXML2/wsdl', $options); $params = array("query"=>{dest=KJFK},"howMany" => 100, "offset" => 0); $result = $client->SearchBirdseyePositions($params); print_r($result); ?>

There are a couple of things wrong…

1. Positions don’t have destination available. If you need to search by destination you must use SearchBirdseyeInFlight, and then you can find the positions for that flight by matching the faFlightID with the fp field.

2. Additionally, the query string isn’t in quite right syntax. It needs to be: $params = array(“query” => “{= dest KJFK}”, “howMany” => 100, “offset” => 0);

Okay, great thanks!

What I really need is all the flight tracts to an orig or dest airport. Is that possible?

Orig is available though as search/“query” parameter? (or other means of bulk querying flight tracks?)

If I want lots of track data, is this the best route or do need I need to query all of the fa flight IDs first?

birdsinflight doesn’t give me timestamp, right? What I’m looking for is 4d trajectories.

You could use “Search” or “SearchBirdseyeInFlight” to first identify the faFlightIDs that you are interested in. (“Search” would be less expensive.)

Then you can use “GetHistoricalTrack” or “GetLastTrack” to get the full position list for that specific flight. (“SearchBirdseyePositions” would also work, but is more expensive and slower for this purpose.)