Piaware for Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W

Well, one issue, three seperate posts seems to me that you are trying to get attention from somebody to solve your problem.
In your post you claim a solution for all that want to do an upgrade but I think you are the first one with this hardware at this moment, no others have said they are expierencing the same issue.
No pun intended I understand your question but the approach is where we differ.

Now to a workaround for your issue in regard of getting this running on your new and shiny Pi Zero 2 W.
There is a possible solution that stated by one of the members in the ADS-B flight tracking forum.

This has already been done by abcd567 in his post.
All you need to do is to follow his guide number 2 in order to create a package based install on a fresh installation of Raspberry Pi OS.

The Piaware image based install isn’t working for you since not all hardware in your new Pi Zero 2 W is functioning with isn’t compatible with the image ( or the image is not compatible with your hardware).
The folks at Flightware haven’t got a working image for that just yet.

The hardware is 4 days old, released on 28th October 2021 so that might implicate that they haven’t had time to update the image until now.
Maybe they don’t have a copy of the hardware to test against or what ever reason there is why this hasn’t been done yet.

I understand you want to put it to good use but the current approach would be to do a package based install on top of the installation of Raspi OS that is functioning on your hardware.
If your not venturing on that path then you will have to wait until Flightware releases a compatible image of the software that is working with your hardware.

And the correct place to put this would be the ADS-B Flight tracking forum. This one is to ask for new features on the existing software.

The people on these boards are very helpfull and will try to get you up and running as soon as they think they have workaround or a solution or when they have had the time to create a working image for your hardware.

2 Likes