New Pro Stick setup ?

Just purchased a Flightaware Pro Stick. Can I run in on Windows 10. Are there setup instructions anywhere
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin,

The FA Pro-stick is just a Receiver(OK, the pro-stick also has a small amplifier built into it).
Most people use it with a low power devices like a Raspberry Pi for ADS-B reception. They only take a few dollars a month to run 24/7.
Running ADS-B software on a windows 10 machine 24/7 sucks a lot of power.

You can run modesdecdoer,
xdeco.org/?page_id=39

VRS (Virtual Radar server)
virtualradarserver.co.uk/

Plane Plotter
coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

among others.

The FA Pro-stick can also be used for AIS, APRS, ACARs etc reception when pair with the correct antenna system.
You can listen to aircraft, ships (VHF), NASCAR or just about anything between 30Mhz and 1.x Ghz.
You can find more info here rtl-sdr.com/about-rtl-sdr/

Jon

Thanks John

I will purchase a new Pi

Feeding data to Flightaware from Windows Desktop is possible using Windows software “PlanePlotter”.

“To share your data on FlightAware, you will need to be using a paid, registered version of PlanePlotter, which FlightAware will provide to you for free by request if you do not already have one.”

flightaware.com/planeplotter

However as jonhawkes2030 has said, it is more practical and economical to use a Pi if you want to feed 24/7.

Till begening of 2015, I used to feed data from Windows Desktop. Since I did not run my Desktop 24/7, the data feed was intermittent. Begining of 2015 I purchased RPi B+, then after couple of months Pi Model 2, then again after few months Orange Pi PC. Since then my data feed is 24/7 (except some interruptions due to few crashes, software upgrades, and antenna testing).

If you have decided to purchase Raspberry Pi, go for Pi 3, the latest and most powerful model of Ras Pi.