KFLL CLOSED

Do to the tropical storm KFLL is closed.

flightaware.com/live/airport/KFLL

Not being reported yet.

fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Weird because it is close I heard it on the weather channel. The person in charge of KFLL said it will close at 6pm until further notice.

fly.faa.gov/ois/

Last updated Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:00:02 UTC

AIRPORT CLOSURES
ARPT 	TIME 	REASON 	REOPEN
DT1	08301200	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN
FPR	08300100	ERNESTO	08311100
MTH	08290400	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN
PMP	08292100	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN
SUA	08301000	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN
TNT	08292000	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN
VRB	08301200	ERNESTO	08311200
X49	08301200	ERNESTO	UNKNOWN

I like the Delay information on that page and the reason for PHL’s delay…

DELAY INFO
ARPT AD DD TIME REASON
LGA +45 1339 N90 SECTOR VOL
PHL +15 1426 LO CIGS

I guess the controllers need to go out to the 7-11 and buy another carton of cigarettes!

The airport closed at 6:00pm and the last flight out was US Airways to LGA at 6:30pm. Now the airport reopened at 10:00am

Any self respecting person living in the PA/NJ area would avoid 7-11 like a plague in favor of the Wawa convienience stores.

Of course! Unfortunately, they don’t have many Wawa’s near my house in northern NJ, but they thankfully do out here in PA when I’m at school. Nothing like a Wawa hoagie at 4 in the morning. :smiley:

James flew over you this morning and tells me you didn’t wave or nothing! :wink:

Note: we got a really crappy routing (what you see in the link is what we filed, what we got was the PTW 320 radial to intercept V499 to DIANO, V106 LVZ LHY yadda yadda . So once we saw that the weather was pretty good we cancelled IFR and went VFR at 17,500. We took a 90 degree right turn from that wacky routing and went direct KMHT. We had to pick up a quick IFR to get down into MHT but it sure was easier.

Haha, looks like I was stuck in Mechanics around when he went nearby, but I’ll make sure to wave next time. :wink:

Hopefully we’ll see the sun for the first time in a week here.

Well the skies above were bright and sunny!
One of my favorite things about instrument flying is walking out to the airplane when it’s raining and dark and dreary with sunglasses on my head. I pity the pilot who takes off into dark overcast skies only to realize that his sunglasses are not within reach. The top 1000ft of so of an overcast layer can be painfully bright without them!
BTW, its bright and sunny now in NH, looking at the satellite its not going to improve down there for a while.