Issues with new antenna

Hi,

It would be either the cavity filter or the barrel filter. So it would displace them indeed. If not needed then you don’t need to replace them.

Thanks @tomvdhorst , Have you had any experience with a cavity filter? Are they a better option than just the plain old barrel filter?

It does suggest it is mostly used when there is high interference on the GSM 900 band that could be near by. If this is not a problem for me, will a cavity filter perform the same or better than the FA barrel filter?

Hi @mrchurchi, I only use the barrel filters because I have cell towers with 0.5 NM of my location.

So I have looked into the cavity filters but I haven’t used one until now. So I can’t comment on the actual performance but the one i have suggested gets very good reviews.

1 Like

At least you could give it a try to check it’s working in general

A simpler approach. some cables, if you replaced that also, come male and female connections on the Raspberry side. look and see if the copper connection is there. They send an adaptor that converts the male or female connection. Just a thought

Check your antenna cable. Does the connector on receiver (ProStick) side have the required pin?
It’s quite easy to buy the wrong one with RP-SMA connector instead of SMA.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SMA AND RP-SMA

The SMA-male has center pin. The reverse SMA (RP-SMA) male does NOT have a center pin, it has a hole.

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND

The SMA-female does not have center pin. The reverse SMA (RP-SMA) male also does not have a center pin, it has a hole. The center wire connection is open because of missing pin. A temporary workaround is to cut a short piece of center wire of coax and insert in hole of RP-SMA male. This piece of wire will act as the missing pin, and connection will be established.

RP-SMA Workaround

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.