Inaccuracies in attributing Canadair as designer of specific types

KCNO, Planes of Fame Museum as many, most of which are airworthy. Surely not KSFO, KLAX.

However EVERY such multiple manufacturer has defaulted back to Canadair and I’ve never seen one opt for any other alternative. Do you really believe that ALL such are only indicative of Canadair? How naive.

It’s okay, I understand that you can’t choose to swim upstream as that means far too much work and politics from inside FA. I just happen to care about the historic accuracy of the A/C I grew up with.

You need to be specific. Where should I look to see the problem you’re talking about? I don’t know what you’re looking at. (The FAA’s registry data for a particular aircraft? FlightAware’s copy of the FAA’s registry data shown for a particular aircraft? The aircraft type shown on a specific flight? The aircraft type shown on photo pages? Something else? Can you provide a URL for the page that has the problem?)

For the F-86/CL-13 case there was certainly a mix of manufacturers and models in pretty much any combination you could think of in the FAA data; there was no “default” I saw; what do you mean by “has defaulted back to Canadair”?

Has nothing to do with ADSB – that’s 99% commercial but certainly not isolated to that.
There’s lots of aircraft

https://flightaware.com/photos/view/724862-bd75186a8b19f9fd6f0a92cfc2d9925f79604e52/aircrafttype/F3A/sort/votes/page/1

extremely rare (aka last known airworthy) but which don’t get out for joy rides. Visit some airshows, museums, the Oshkosh Fly-in and the Reno Air Races to see some of these.

I tried to create a test case for you where the sole tag was the aircraft type F86 or F-86,
but it got deleted.

With only a type, this was defaulting to a description of “Canadair F-86” and w/o the tail number, it would be impossible to validate the manufacturer from any source – but it did (which is why I spoke up).

Oh OK thanks for clearing that up.

here’s another rare bird
https://flightaware.com/photos/view/10284372-d32850a0212c8b18c0df502644b0db672600eac8/user/pfoss1965/sort/votes/page/1

Last of its kind

What is “this”? What sort of page are you looking at?