Great Circle Map Your Flights

This is really fun! I’m sure that you all havr heard of the Great Circle Mapper (gc.kls2.com/). I thought it would be fun to map ALL of the flights I’ve taken to see a map of it, it was really cool and I think that everyone should do it and then post their map.

Here’s mine:

msp-mia-msp-phx-msp-bwi-msp-mco-msp-dfw-mmun-dfw-msp-clt-mmun-clt-msp-phl-lgw-clt-msp-ord-mad-bcn-mad-ord-msp-iad-msp-mco-atl-mdw-msp-pvr-msp

HERE’S MINE.
…all of my trips as a passenger on commercial airlines that I can remember. Many trips done more than once. Listed only one way when return trip was the same.

1. First get a screen-shot of the image you want to display (Alt+Prt Scr)
  2. Paste into a photo application (Photo Shop, Windows Paint, Photo Editor [part of older versions of MS Office Suite])
  3. Upload file to image hosting site (PHOTOBUCKET)
  4. Post image URL into message

Or you can right click on the image and choose Save As; this way you also end up with a better quality image.

Ah yes… the “EASY WAY”! This works if the posted image is a .jpg format. Some posted images are posted in .bmp or .gif format. The image output of the GCM map is in the .gif format. When I right-click to save it, I can only save as .gif or .bmp formats. Some sites do not allow some image formats, but all of the ones I can think of do allow .jpg format. I can’t keep track of all of the sites that take this format and that, but not the other, so I just convert everything to .jpg so my images can go anywhere :unamused:

My flights.

Thanks guys, I got it. You learn something new everyday! :slight_smile:

Did you goto Iran?

Here’s a few of the longer trips:

Sorry for the Mercator map, but the globes failed to show all the travels regardless of where I centered them.

Heres mine.

gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gcmap?PATH=f … -COLOR=red

OK, this was interesting.

Here’s all I remember: My air travels

I thought I was missing some, until I realized all my travel to Hawaii and the Far East was on Uncle Sam’s big gray ships. :confused:

Ratman

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=bna-bos%0D%0Abna-clt-bos%0D%0Abna-isp%0D%0Abna-jfk%0D%0Abna-lga%0D%0Abna-ewr%0D%0Abna-bwi%0D%0Abna-ord%0D%0Abna-mdw%0D%0Abna-msp%0D%0Abna-atl%0D%0Abna-fll%0D%0Abna-mia%0D%0Abna-mco%0D%0Abna-atl-rsw%0D%0Abna-dfw%0D%0Abna-iah%0D%0Abna-atl-jac%0D%0Aslc-atl-bna%0D%0Abna-atl-sea%0D%0Abna-phx%0D%0Alas-bna%0D%0Abna-san%0D%0Abna-lax%0D%0Abna-ont-oak-bna%0D%0Abna-dfw-lax%0D%0Abna-iad&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=mi&SPEED-GROUND=&SPEED-UNITS=kts&MARKER=1&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=bna-msp-yyc%0D%0Abna-yyz%0D%0Abna-yyz-yqb%0D%0Abna-bos-kef%0D%0Abna-jfk-nce%0D%0Ance-fco-flr%0D%0Afco-jfk-bna%0D%0Abna-iad-cdg%0D%0Aory-bod%0D%0Abna-atl-czm%0D%0Abna-atl-fpo%0D%0Abna-atl-nas%0D%0Abna-atl-sap%0D%0Abna-iah-sap%0D%0Abna-mia-sap%0D%0Abna-mia-tgu-sap-mia-bna&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=mi&SPEED-GROUND=&SPEED-UNITS=kts&MARKER=1&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=

of course - not a single IFR flight * is ever a great circle route - nor is the great circle route necessarily the fastest or cheapest route.*

Wasn’t sure how to post it.

Mine is here: gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=OAK- … MAP-STYLE=

Most of them are flights I have worked in the past week or so:
OAK-LAS, LAS-MDW, MDW-BWI, BWI-PHX, PHX-SAN, SAN-OAK, OAK-PDX, PDX-GEG, GEG-SLC, SLC-PHX, PHX-DAL,DAL-BNA, BNA-SAN, SAN-OAK…

And some for leisure:
OAK-OGG, SFO-LHR

Might be interesting to see yours for the past year… or maybe not. It might end up looking
all red with a few patches of yellow here-n-there. :open_mouth:

I’m just guessing here, but it probably looks like this…

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

No, but I just saved a bunch on money by switching my car insurance to GEICO.

No we’re not the jet set We’re the old Chevrolet set :laughing:

:laughing: I knew that there would be something I’d like about you, beside the fact that you fly a P180…