FlightAware ADS-B Statistics - Ranking

hahaha - silly me :slight_smile: thanx!

A quick question to FA staff. Who is the user, equipped with a FlightAware supplied feeder hardware that has the highest ranking?
Is it possible to make a filter to sort out feeder sites by type (Flightfeeder, Piaware, Radarcape and so on) in the stats page?

Who is the user, equipped with a FlightAware supplied feeder hardware that has the highest ranking?

At the time of posting, NJAFeeder ADS-B Feeder Statistics - FlightAware

(FlightFeeders tend to go to areas with low overall coverage or - as in this case - on-airport locations; it’s mostly about data quality rather than quantity)

1 Like

Got it. Thanks a lot for the information.
Is there a way to filter feeders by type, or at least are you planning on implementing such a feature on the stats page?

I would have to agree here that distance received should be factored into the ranking. Its pretty easy to install an antenna inside a window sill next to an airport and get thousands of aircraft, and positions, these are mostly the stations with a higher ranking, unless they have multiple stations on the one account.
Ive recently scanned through the top 100 in Australia and there is only 1 station that has a healthy listing of positions over 400 km, but their ranking is only average compared to others who may be lucky to hear out to 200 km, but live next to an airport.

Location, location, location + decent range. My main feeder and a few around me always sit in the top 100. We just happen to be in the corridor where there is a ton of flyover and can pick off traffic going in and out of several relatively big airports even though the one closest to us is not a major hub.

1 Like

Given up caring about ranking since it just leads to frustration :roll_eyes:

I’ve got a screen shot from about 2 years ago where IIRC I was around 900. Now I’m lucky to be around 2500. Same setup, same location. Who cares any more?

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Ranking stayed around 700 for quite a while, then AirBerlin went bust and with new feeders coming in I guess, I dropped to 1.400.

I agree, I was curious at first but now a year later, it just doesn’t matter. Cheers!