Fat man Flyin!

I am just wondering if it is worth my time to try to get my PPL. I am 6’1 335lbs, Would I be a balance or weight problem in a small aircraft. I live in TN and all my family is in Baltimore. After training and some experience I would like to have the ability to fly from KTRI to KMTN. But me at 335 wife at 160 luggage 60-70 +/-. So roughly a 600lb payload. After seeing the rental cost for planes a few posts back I am not so sure about the idea at all now.

Ive seen a few 172Gs with the 180 upgrade that makes useful load at 1020 or so.

I would think something like this would be great for you. And double duty you could train on the
172. Its my dream set up :slight_smile: as Im similar in size. There is one near me for 38K but its due a Major Overhaul real soon and
has 8800 hours total time and its been used as a transport, its well equipped for IFR though, so
I assume that is why its being sold.

according to Cessna the 172 has 833lb payload. Well within my range plus it is what most people train on.

http://www.cessna.com/single-engine/skyhawk/skyhawk-performance.html#

Your fuel is included in the payload number. Figure 7 pounds per gallon, and your fuel consumption. You might have to land more often to partially refuel.

GOOD SOLUTION:LOOSE WEI :laughing: GHT.

Ty and rent a Multi engine.

Better solution: If you’re going to make a snarky comment, SPELL IT RIGHT. :unamused:

Best solution: Don’t criticize someone’s weight.

I wouldn’t consider that a real criticism,I’m not exactly slim
either. I figure every six pounds I work off is another gallon of fuel in the tank…