Charter certificate question....

I’m just curious how you would find out under what certificate (part 91 or 135) an aircraft is operating under. I remember coming across a website that, along with the registration info, it also tells if the a/c is operating under 91 or 135. Anyone know of this search engine or how to determine the certificates?

If they are for hire they better be 135.

You don’t get a certificate to operate part 91 since that part is for all operators outside of the military and public use categories. If you are 135, 121, 125 then you get a certificate along with a whole bunch of paperwork and rules on top of part 91. In this day and age I would imagine you could search for a list but I don’t know of a website offhand that lists them.

av-info.faa.gov/OpCert.asp

If you leave airline name blank you’ll get a complete listing of all airlines

Only lists part 121 and 129 airlines. Not 135 operators.

The following are a few of the 135 operators listed in this director:
BEMIDJI AVIATION SERVICES INC
HAGELAND AVIATION SERVICES INC
MCCALL AVIATION INC
NEW ENGLAND AIRLINES INC
WEST ISLE AIR INC

Ok, weird. I typed that message before noticing some of the 135 operators on the list, and thought I closed the window, but I must have posted it accidentally. I stand corrected.

I use to Work for West Isle (DBA San Juan Airlines)

it doesn’t have all 135 listed our certificate is SkyLink Jets DBA Trinity Air Ambulance and I couldn’t find it…

av-info.faa.gov/OpCert.asp

Click on Search for Airline, click on Location.

Then click FAR, choose 135.
Then click what state you want. It will not tell you tail numbers but will give you aircraft.