Broke RPi after Optimize test


#1

I decided to run the optimize script again after reading some forum post. Everything has been working great. Ran the script and now I am barely picking up any aircraft. Something totally broke after running the script. I am not sure what I can do to fix this.

I have tried rebooting, reset gain to -10, ran the rtl test which gives me:

Other suggestions??


#2

(https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/deltaleader71)

This page tells me you are running the package addon and not the piaware sd-card image.

To modify the gain edit the file /etc/default/dump1090-fa
Change the number after --gain to the desired value.

Then restart dump1090-fa to apply the new setting.


#3

there is a script (don’t recall which - happened to me too) that deletes either etc/default/dump1090-fa or /etc/default/dump1090-mutability.


#4

I found the dump1090-fa file but it will not let me edit it. I get error writing…permission denied.


#5

try sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa. if you are on FA SD card image try to reboot, I think the file is restored with every reboot. in that case is better to alter the gain using sudo piaware-config rtlsdr-gain nn.n command.


#6

Use sudo in front of your favorite editor :slight_smile:
For example:

sudo nano /etc/default/dump1090-fa

#7

Thank you. I got it. I forgot the sudo command. It is going again…