Airspy software

Setup:
I am trying to compare the FA RTL dongle with the Airspy R2. I am using a FAntenna + LNA/filter,+ splitter + 2 x RPi3 with Joe’s ADS-B Receiver software.
The FA RTL dongle setup is my control system and main feed to FA.
Loading the airspy_adsb software on the RPi3, on a typical afternoon, I see about 300 aircraft and 2200 messages/second. I have previously tuned my FA RTL dongle to match the 300 aircraft and that results in about 1600 messages/second.

Problem/Experiment:
Running the Airspy on the same RPi3 is fragile, using the web interface can upset the mlat results (surprise surprise).
Running the Airspy a different RPi3 (sudo ./airspy_adsb -c 192.168.1.2:30104:beast -v -p -w 4) and feeding RPi3 still 300/2200
Running the Airspy a Debian PC (sudo ./airspy_adsb -c 192.168.1.2:30104:beast -v -p -w 4) and feeding RPi3 still 300/2200
Running the Airspy a Debian PC (sudo ./airspy_adsb -c 192.168.1.2:30001:avr -v -p -w 4) and feeding RPi3 still 300/2200 (various values for w had little effect)
Running the Airspy on a Windows 10 PC and looking at display in Airspy window **450/3200 **(wow)
Running the Airspy on a Windows 10 PC and feeding RPi3 on port 30001 300/5700 - yes 5700 (but PC shows 3200) but no mlat feed thru to FA

I have tried to provoke command line options on the Windows 10 but all appear to be ignored.

Does anyone know how to get Airspy to output Beast on Windows 10 or why the message/second are so different?
Why is the Windows software apparently better than Linux version?

Thanks

I am curious about this as well, as I have an Airspy mini on order. and would love to get the optimal setup.

The messageser second numbers don’t look right. They seem way too high for this type of dongle.
My RPI3 also craps out because mlat doesn’t like the high CPU. I suspect it is the way the software calculates CPU on multi CPU devices. Also, the USB bus gets saturated with airspy data.

You will always get better results on a PC. Much better CPU and better USB bus.

I have seen articles that say high end Odroids can handle the airspy, CPU wise.