Your longest nonstop flight

As a passenger: SFO-PVG, middle seat, second to last row of coach on a UA 744. The absolute longest 13 hours of my life.

As a pilot, Allentown PA to Ann Arbor MI in a Grumman Tiger - westbound into a winter wind, the limit on range in that aircraft.

LAX to DXB = 16/17 HRS

sucks ass !

YVR to SYD

Mine was from San Francisco to Dubai with Emirates!

Dulles,VA (IAD) to Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB)

Sep. 2009 (before they started the stop in Dakar)

14 hours 18 minutesā€¦ or there abouts.

A340-600

JFK>BKK on Thai Airways.
It think it was about 17 hours. I recall we were diverted due to air war activity in central Europe?

That route is gone now. Better to break it up. MIA<>US Gateway<>Asian Gateway<>BKK

my top three are newark to sal paulo on contiental (767)
paris to pittsburgh (a delta 757), i was upgraded to busniess first.
jfk to paris on an a380 (it was a nice flight, good service)

This going back some years. I flew in 1989 or 1990 on a 747 from Honolulu direct to DFW before connection back to EWR. I think it was a 7 hour flight. Pretty brutal when youā€™re sitting in the center seat.

JFK-HKG last month, finally joining the 8000 mi club. 17 hours butt in seat.

How about New York, JFK, to Seoul, Korea, via a Korean Air B-747SP, 15 Hours 15 Minutes West Bound, 13 hours 15 min, Eastbound. First Class(Premium was higher), and all you had to do was ā€˜act likeā€™ you wanted something, and an Attendant was there at your side.-------Only thing that mared an EXCELLANT trip was that about half of our purchases were lifted from our luggage during a three hour domestic connection at JFK. And since we didnā€™t notify Pan Am before we left the airport,(who opens and checks luggage in bag clain after an enroute transfer), they would not entertain a claim of any kind. Thatā€™s JFK for you.

EWR to SIN. That is 20 hours on an A340-500!

My longest was either ORD to OGG (Hawaii) or ATL to ANC (Alaska)

I have flown DFW-NRT ~13 1/2 hours and NRT-DFW ~11 1/2 hours, distance 6427 miles many times.

LAX-AKL on Qantas 26. Quite a long flight on the A330-200 (VH-EBH) at 14 hours 18 minutes.

The bottom feeding slime sucking lawyer is back!
This guy is lying about taking 20-24 hours to fly from Dallas to Budapest nonstop. thatā€™s only about 9-10 hours on a jet.

My longest non-stop flight was from Dublin, Ireland to JFK in New York. I think it was about 7.5-8 hours.

Most of my flying has been domestic US so not so terribly long. But it was on an Eastern Airbus from STT to ATL, about 4 hours if I recall.
Now the flight that SEEMED the longest was on a 320 from DFW to SEA. We had a 120 kt headwind right on the nose and I thought weā€™d never get there swimming upstream as we did!

While not doubting your flight entirely, Iā€™m wondering if your flight from STT to ATL was via SJU or STX. For many years flights from STT to the USA stopped in one of those two airports due to the short length of the runway at STT.

Iā€™ve been flying to and from St. Thomas for more years than I care to admit out of JFK, EWR and PHL. Iā€™ve never had anything other than a direct flight with no fuel stop required back to the US.

I stand by my comment.

How many years ago did you start flying from STT to the USA nonstop? The current STT airport was constructed with longer runways in 1990. Prior to that it was not possible for jets to fly nonstop without either a fuel stop or reduced load due to the short length of the runway.

According to the 1 Jan 91 Official Airline Guide, the following flights operated from STT to the mainland USA:
American 655 (Airbus A300): STT-STX-JFK (flightā€™s first leg is JFK-STT)
Continental 619 (727-200): STT-STX-EWR
Pan American 222 (727-200): STT-STX-JFK (the flightā€™s first leg was MIA-STT

Midway Airlines 745 (737-200): STT-STX-MIA-MDW (continued to BDL except Saturdays)
Midway Airlines 747 (737-200): STT-STX-MIA-MDW
Pan American 430 (727-200): STT-STX-MIA-DCA
Pan American 221 (727-200): STT-STX-JFK (first leg: MIA-STT)
American 1467 (727-200): STT-STX-MIA-ISP (first two segments: IAD-RDU-STT)
Eastern 996 (727-200; discontinued after 3 Jan 91): STT-STX-MIA

American 1466 (727-200): STT-STX-RDU-IAD (first two segments: ISP-MIA-STT)

Eastern 990 (727-200): STT-STX-ATL

An American/TWA combined timetable effective 2 Jul 01 does show nonstop 757 services from STT to BOS/JFK/MIA

The American Trans Air timetable effective 17 Dec 94 shows one flight from STT to IND that stops in STX. The flight to STT is nonstop from IND.

For further information, see this discussion at Airliners.net