Your longest nonstop flight

Last week I was on Alitalia 620 Rome to LAX, in coach. This was actually a great flight. It ‘felt’ much quicker than DAL 40 MSP to LHR. That was a cramped flight, and stuck in the middle of the center seating section…

The Alitalia 777 window seats, you can place your legs each side of the AV box below the seat in front of you, and actually stretch your legs out fully. Felt so nice.
12 h 22 m

flightaware.com/live/flight/AZA6 … /LIRF/KLAX

KORD To Moscow then on to upper Siberia. Citation Encore and yes a fuel stop or two one in very bad icing and heavy crosswinds i mean these suckers were heavy. Fly Safe!

Crosswinds sound like Iceland.
I flew a Lear 55 trip to the medium sized city of Izhevsk which is about 400 miles NE of Moscow 17 or 18 years ago. In February. The weather was typical arctic, clear and 100 miles, but man it was white everywhere. The 25 mile drive into town was interesting. The road was plowed all the way down to the asphalt into snow that must have been at least 15 maybe 20 feet deep. Intersections were a bit dicey.

Toronto to Hong Kong, nearly 16 hours.

round trip EWR - SIN. Each segment was 18.5 hours.

EWR - SIN flew over AMS and down across India. SIN - EWR flew across the pacific making landfall slightly north of YVR.

Last Feb. 2011 ORD to Vancouver(YVR) Then on To Sydney(SYD). The flight from YVR To SYD was listed at 15.30 hours. Fortunatley it was only 14.30. Total flight hours 18.30 hours in air time. If they kept to the airline listed times it would’ve been almost 20 hours. just under. Alot of flying. And a six hour layover in Vancouver. Boeing 777-200 Air Canada. Late model 777 with my own video screen. The food, fare. Flight crew great. Vancouver is a nice airport and City, I had a chance to visit briefly. Awsome , very nice city. I flew through Vancouver, best price and newer equipment then United. Maybe a longer flght, but not by a big margin. Well worth flying newer eq. then United’s older 747’s. They’re just starting to upgrade those planes. From bording to exiting the plane over 15 hours. How did I do it ? I"m not sure. Australia was well worth it. Maybe i’ll do it again someday.

KEWR-RJAA 13ish hours (after 10 I’ve found it doesn’t really matter much)
I had flown in from morocco the day before and had tweaked my back helping one of the pax with her suitcase that was so big you could probably fit a couple average size children in it.
Thank god I got upgraded.

It’s still here :slight_smile:

So far LAX-SYD as a kid, but soon to be JFK-HKG.

That’s because there probably were a couple of children in it. :slight_smile:

That or a goat. Neither would have really surprised me. :laughing:

Our son was kind enough to use his frequent flyer miles to give my wife and I a trip from PDX>LAX>BKK>DPS (Bali)>SIN>NRT>LAX>PDX – business class (knew raised that kid right) last May.

We flew Thai 795, Airbus A340-500, about 16.5 hours from LAX to Bangkok. I’m a private pilot and wondered if our flying gas tank would ever get off the ground; it seemed to take most of the runway and then climbed very slowly — no wonder given its fuel load for the long trip.

Seriously, I hated for the flight to land; it was a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ trip for us. Incredible Thai service and hospitality. We will never forget the journey. To top it off we got to spend 10 days with our son and his partner who live in Tokyo!

KSDL to KHND

Was a trip of a lifetime. First real cross-country in a 172. Flew over the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon on the way back. Best part about it was I won enough on the roulette wheel to pay for the entire trip.

Two long ones . First from the Canary Islands to Boston That flight start on Lisbon and we just dropped a few people off and then contnued on our way. I was on my way to N Y so that was a prettylong day. Second Ord to Ogg .

mine was delta 757 atlanta to aruba well from pit to atlanta like 1 1/2 hr then u have atlanta to aruba 5 1/2 hrs-6 hrs so thts a total of 6-7 hrs

jetblue flight 481. about 5 hours 45 mins

from? to? inquiring minds wany to know!!

My longest flight would be a flight from Sydney to honolulu and then on to San Francisco .What a epic journey that was .But I was only young so it was a lot of fun!

Brett.

It really wasn’t so long; KATL-EHAM, 8 hours.

LAX-SYD (744); MSP-NRT (744) IAH-CDG (77W) (all as passenger)

LAX to DXB 18 hours none stop on Emirates, great airline.