Your longest nonstop flight

While in USAF, flew C-141 from Tachikawa AB,Japan to Travis AFB,Calif.(medi-vac from VNam) Hadn’t been asleep very long after an in-flight box lunch and we were coming into Travis. I think it was about a 9hr flt.

DTW to HKG, 15:30 nonstop on a DL 777. sadly, DL is dropping this route at the end of August 2012.

EWR-HKG 5/21/2011 15h59m

JFK-HKG 1/21/2012 15h8m, 17h butt in seat due to deicing, but most importantly 5 nm farther.

LAX-FRA several times in the mid-80’s Always on Lufthansa, I think 747SP. Would try to get the first or second row in coach on the window side. Row one in coach faced backward with a small table that was great for playing cards. If I remember correctly, 10 hours LAX to FRA and 13 1/2 hours FRA to LAX.

CPA0830 from Hong Kong (HKG/VHHH) to New York (JFK/KJFK).

Another flight from (I believe) Chicago (ORD/KORD) to Shanghai (PVG/ZSPD) with a fuel stop in Anchorage (no deplaning) was quite long, especially due to some polar weather conditions.

Los Angeles to Singapore (LAX-SIN) SQ 37 on a A345-500. The plane is all business class, and the best business seats in the sky.

7700 odd miles and a tad over 18 hours in winter, and 17 in summer.

Check Kayak for trip duration, Delta has a flight with two stops that takes 40 hours! :frowning:

Not my longest, but certainly my most interesting…

May 1992 Air Ukraine JFK-KBP on an IL-62.

Longest QFA 107/108 KLAX-YSSY YSSY-KLAX

IL-62 were great airplanes. I flew on one from Vladivostok to Moscow, 9.5 hrs.

btw, there’s no such thing: “nonstop flight”… :smiley: All airplanes do always stop-land…@ the point(city) of destination.

KBOS to KDEN was my longest nonstop. Wish I could travel more.

ATL NRT

lgw to kmco 9hrs, even in premium economy you still have to get up every once in a while.
lets hope theres more choice on virgin atlantic for movies, games etc. for the next flight :smiley:

UAL 893 from SFO-ICN. 11 Hours twice.

YVR TO NRT but soon to be YVR TO PVG.

Oslo to Newark
9 hours in a Continental 757 with no leg room.
Flight was great but extremely uncomfortable. :imp:
Never again

KJFK to EDDF and back. Summer of 1996. Flew on a TWA 767. Flight 800 blew up while we were over there.

NOT a 747SP. LH didn’t have any. The aircraft would most likely have been a 747-200. There’s also possibilty of it being a DC-10.

St. Louis to Tokyo. More than once. And my arms are still tired. :slight_smile:

In about 3 weeks I will do Mauritius, Johannesburg, Atlanta, Phoenix, San Luis Obispo in one go. Return about a month later with DFW added. I’m taking a day or two in J’burg on this one. Sadly only on the first and last legs will I be up front in the pointy end. Knowing this company it will probably in cattle class too.

My neighbor once airborne didn’t touch down again until 6 months later when he returned from the Space Station!