Wisconsin

Who out there is also from Wisconsin?

midwestairlinesfan7

. . . the sound of distant crickets chirping in the night . . . ]

Sorry, I’m sure there are lots of y’all out there. It’s just that FlightAware is relatively new and you may very well be the first from Wisconsin to have registered and posted in the forum.

It also might be that “Airlines” is probably NOT the best of the forums to have posted this question.

One way to tell where everybody is from is to look under the “Author” column of the messages and look for “location” if you see “MKE” or “KMKE”, then you’ll know that the person who posted that message is from Milwaukee. Here’s a list of other airports with their codes in Wisconsin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Wisconsin

I don’t know if this was a coincidence or what but right as I read needlenose’s comment I really did hear crickets chirp and I couldn’t help but laugh.

I hope this doesn’t start a whole bunch of the asinine “I’m from XXXX - anybody else from XXXX?” posts. Who gives a rat’s ass? It’s so myspace.com-ish.

What are you wearing???

James (Ducking and running!!!)

Judging by his interests from his website…quite likely nothing at all.

You’ve visited there?

Unclean!!! :wink:

:slight_smile: I think this is funny.

I knew you would!

i am not from wisconsin, but Sterling North was. If you’ve read “Rascal” then you know who HE was. Wisc is also famous for the fish boils (I had one on my back once) and for Ed Gein. Oh and lets not forget the packers!
Turns out that John Dillinger liked ole Wisc too!

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE WISCONSINITE WHEN:

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

Vacation means going up north past Hwy 8 for the weekend.

You measure distance in hours.

You know several people who have hit deer more than once.

You often switch from heat to A/C in the same day and back again.

Your whole family wears Packer Green to church on Sunday.

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings and funerals).

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You think of the major food groups as beer, fish, and venison.

You left out 3 food groups, toby!! KRAUT, CHEESE and BRATS!!!

I never read “Rascal”. I never heard of Ed Gein either (did he specialize in a branch of medicine devoted strictly to women?) And yeah, let’s forget about the Packers - Brett Favre is WAAAaaaaaay too emotional to be playing that game! There’s no CRYING in football! Sheesh! :unamused:

go to your nearest pub library and check out “Rascal” by Sterling North. It is an outstanding (and true) story about a boy coming of age in rural Wisconsin (Edgerton) and adventures with his pet raccoon (rascal) in the early 20th century. The book was a huge hit in the 1960’s…so much so that Disney made a movie of it, which starred Billy Mumy. Mumy had previously starred as Will Robinson in “Lost in Space” on TV.
Ed Gein- was a sicko who, back in the 1950’s in rural Wisc- killed a number of women and ate and skinned them…made lampshades and stuff from the skin!
John Dillinger…famous bank robber from the 1930’s…robbed banks all over the midwest, then hidout and participated in the famous shootout at Rhinelander Wisc (vs FBI agents). Dillinger escaped, as this was a very poorly done FBI raid.
I was born in Minnesota (Austin) so am very fond of the upper midwest…its land, people, language, and food!
Just remember that Minnesota is “Le Etoile du Nord”…the Star of the North!

I’m from Minnesota, thanks for asking. Interviewed with Skyways a loooong time ago and thankfully do not work there now. Completely unrelated to this, Ed Gein was really sick !

Hey ‘7’ - Cheers from another YX fan from MKE.