Wind farms and aviation Dissertation

Hi everyone,

I am an Environmental Geography student at the University of Stirling. I am about to start my dissertation looking at the effect wind turbines have on aviation, from physical obstacles to the visual impact. I would be grateful if you could spend a short time filling out my questionnaire (link below) if this is a topic which interested you. The questionnaire is only available to those over the age of 18 and will be totally anonymous. I will attach the link in this email if you have any questions regarding this please feel free to email me.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie … E6MQ#gid=0

Thankyou in advance

Michael Harvey

When you ask about “the effect wind turbines have on aviation” are you including birds?

The only effect wind farms have on aviation is the same effect they have on the general population. They are an eye sore and produce little electricity for the amount of space they take up. I believe they are good for one or two houses but not for an entire community.

Though I’m not a pilot or air traffic controller I venture the opinion that the wind farms take up a lot of space that could be used for light aircraft emergency landing areas.