My name is Stephan, I come from northern Germany and have only been running a feeder for a few weeks.
The problem I have is that the aircraft displayed in the local FlightAware web page of the local feeder do not match what I see in the Virtual Radar Server Website. When I see about 30 aircraft on the feeder website, I see 2-4 on the Virtual Radar Server website.
I installed the server according to the instructions found here in the forum: GitHub - mypiaware/virtual-radar-server-installation: A Linux installation script to easily install and enhance Virtual Radar Server.
There were no errors during the installation.
My goal is to get an overview of how far the range will change when I replace the antenna cable in the next few weeks. I would like to create polar plots and compare them with each other.
I think I have certainly configured something incorrectly on the VRS and hope to get help here.
I run the following setup:
- RaspberryPi 4 with 4 GB RAM
- AirNav ADS-B 1090 MHz external antenna
- Flightaware Pro Stick Plus
- A still too long cable with poor attenuation
- PiAware 5.0
- Virtual Radar Server
In addition, I make my data available for the following services:
- AirNav RadarBox