I was wondering why Turkish Airlines never decided to order the Boeing 787-8 or -9. I know some airlines in the world didn’t order them, but I’m wondering about Turkish Airlines. Yes, I know they recently ordered 15 more Airbus A330-300s and Boeing 777-300ERs, which is a good move considering their network is beginning to expand. But if they ordered the Boeing 787, these would be the pros and cons:
- Ranges farther than the A333 by 3,160-3660 km, and B77W by 510-1010 km.
- More fuel efficient obviously.
- Can be deployed on short, medium and long laul routes at a much lower cost.
- Seats less than both the A333 and B77W.
- The number of delays it had before entering service.
I know I am asking stupid questions, but why didn’t Turkish Airlines order the Boeing 787? Do they see no need for them? Was it because of the delays it had before entering service? And if they were to order them, would they either order the Boeing 787-8, -9, or even the -10?
What do you guys think?