FlightAware Discussions

Who has the... most messages per Ident?

In the spirit of “PiAware Streak” and just for fun, who has the highest number of messages per Ident, (ignoring recreational, GA, military & ground stations) for a regular scheduled flight?

Here’s a recent example, setting the bar at 99,763…

Hopefully someone can easily beat that with a 6-figure # messages :dizzy:

My max range is not large enough. The longest route is approx 45 Minutes which normally gibes approx. 70.000 messages overall.

I have some higher numbers for aircraft on my screen doing circles (typically military), but this is not what you’ve asked for :slight_smile:

I think conditions must be “up” this morning. Just seen a track that has broken my personal record :grin:

MessagesHigh

And over to the west of the UK I am seeing aircraft beyond my normal limits:

IrelandTropo

Some signs of Tropospheric conditions perhaps?

Yes, there’s definitely tropo about.

I’m not likely to see how I’m doing for messages/ident as I don’t tend to look at the Skyview map very often.

I’m also seeing messages rates up considerably. It’s been a long time since I’ve exceeded 1800 /sec and I suspect it may go higher still today.

dump1090-localhost-local_rate-8h

My range out towards Ireland is once again up well above normal:

The fine weather is predicted to break soon, so the Tropo contribution may disappear before the weekend.

Well I don’t know what was going on yesterday (July 6th) but I had an unusually high post 10.30 pm rise in traffic!

ADS-Bmaxima

…and some very long tracks observed…

LatePeak

Messages/second were still up above 500 late on the day and overall it was my highest number of aircraft and positions in the last 30 days (even exceeding the Tropo-assisted lift last month 24th/25th)

Easy - just latch on to a Project Loon balloon while it meanders overhead (HBAL0270 - 461222 msgs when I took the screen shots)

2 Likes