Which Samsung Galaxy phones work?

Hi,
I’m looking to set up a receiver using a Samsung Galaxy from eBay, and yes the cheaper the better!!!
Do you have a working setup using a Galaxy and if so which model?
Also have you found any models that don’t work?
Thanks in anticipation.
Tom

Galaxy S3 and S4 probably work the best, and you can buy the Valarm OTG cable specifically compatible with it.

Galaxy S2, S5 and S6 will work, but are not compatible with that Valarm cable so you will need to use wireless charging if you want to keep it powered.

Thanks for the help. Following your information and the info on the uk.flightaware.com/adsb/android/ web page I now have:

• Samsung S3
  • NooElec NESDR Mini 2 USB DVB-T & RTL-SDR Receiver, RTL2832U & R820T2 Tuner, MCX
  • OTG MHL to HDMI Multi-function Charger Dock for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 4 2 S5 S4
  • OTG Troubleshooter android app
  • FlightFeeder app
    All looking good so I thought that I’d check my data on uk.flightaware.com/adsb/stats and it said that I needed to register and this asked me to provide the receiver’s Lat Long and “Please enter the 4 digit serial number printed on the bottom of your device”
    Two questions:
  1. What is the format required for the Lat Long entry, GPS gives:
    N57 35’05.9" W3 34’20.64"
  2. What 4 digit serial number is being asked for?

The serial number prompt is only for the hardware-based FlightFeeder boxes, not the FlightFeeder app for Android.

You only need to use the “Login” function within the app once you have it running.

The Android app also automatically sends its GPS location, so you do not need to worry about the location.

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt response.
The app says “Logged in” but when I go to uk.flightaware.com/adsb/stats and it says that I need to register?
Also I would like to apply for the free Enterprise account because I’m sharing my data?
Thanks
Tom

If you’re logged in, then just wait. We need to receive some actual data from you for long enough to verify you. You’ll automatically be upgraded once we validate your data.

Hi,
Again thanks for a fast response.
At the moment I’m just using the aerial that came with the NooElec NESDR Mini Receiver so the data might be a little sparse until I replace it with something better!
Thanks
Tom