Whats your favorite airport?

Ok, I’ll byte =

I like my home airport, Windham CT. IJD.

Worlds only fly-in walmart. For the fly-in crowd there are 2 pizza restaurants, a diner, a Ruby Tuesday, liquor stores, a Home Depot, a Sears hardware and a walmart for your $100 diaper needs.

The avgas is outrageously expensive, so come with enough fuel to get home, but it has 2 GPS approaches, a soon to be re-certified LOC and a VOR. Due to terrain they only get you down to about 900-1000, but that about 700AGL so you can usually get in and out when you need to, if the ceilings are under 700AGL its usual foggy and will burn off or LIFR, which I try not to fly in with a piston single. except maybe in summer when you know it’ll be a low layer.

another favorite is HYA - Hyannis - they have a fly in mall across the street. During Christmas shopping season we’ll fly in there, grab lunch and do xmas shopping in a quiet non-madhouse atmosphere since there are no tourists in HYA until AFTER Christmas.

My third favorite is 73J - Beaufort SC. If I’m flying in there, I am on vacation.

Finally, WYS - West Yellowstone, WY. How many places have free camping and the possibility of bison on the runway. Taking off from there and flying over Yellowstone is an awe-inspiring experience.

Now it is… flash back from 2006 when I started this thread 2008 they took over the old CAS hanger and are currently running an FBO w/ fuel.

lobby is… :mrgreen:

Lincoln Park, NJ (N07), home airport, very scenic and has a great restaurant.

Butter Valley Golf Port (7N8), an airport smack in the middle of a golf course, 1500x25 paved, rest is turf. Never seen anything like it.
http://keith.tristesse.com/~keith/flightpics/flight%20with%20BR/images/dscn2867.jpg

Shelter Cove, CA (0Q5), you’d be hard pressed to find a more scenic airport and surroundings.
http://keith.tristesse.com/~keith/flightpics/shelter%20cove/images/p1010098.jpg

WOW after all that bickering about the “topic” of the thread its hard to get a word in edgewise. As for those of us up here in OREGUN gotta love McMinnville muni. the site of evergreen aviation museum home of the Spruce Goose among others. nice FBO and publish IAPs. a short walk to the museum which you could spend days at, and best of all Veterans get in free! however my personal favorite PDX portland OR. It is international however ive flown there in a Cherokee a 152 and a citation. they are more than accomodating to any traffic and its just short ride to downtown which has more than enough entertainment to keep you occupied for days. Also the largest cessna most qualified cessna service station in oregon.

McMinnville muni? PDX? BLAH borring…let me guess you’re a student at Hillsboro aviation?

nope, citation driver out of medford :slight_smile: i did go to LCC however couple years ago that was my first experience at PDX

I use to fly into MFD. that airport is much prettier to fly into then PDX. Plus that FBO next to million-air has a snocone machine

true true, medford is more fun to. im rather fond of PDX because of the great down time ive had there. and as far as mcminville well the museum is just cool!! but medford is my home

I heard you like to get your fudge packed?

Voyager Village CC in Webster, WI has a similar setup. 3500x50 right through the course. The score card has all sorts of OB rules regarding the airstrip and invites you to refrain from hitting while aircraft operations are being conducted.

flightaware.com/resources/airpor … /satellite

For us non-golfers, please explain what OB stands for. Thank you.

Nice!

I’m not a golfer, but I expect that means “out of bounds” ?

Correct!

I agree, its also my location.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9898/picture136u.jpg

Hey CDWOPs, Although I had my primary training at CDW 25 years ago in a Yankee, and I now live at NJ shore, KBLM, [Love Flying W btw], I have to go with KMMU since I used to sit there for hours as a kid, before all the fences, and just watch the planes. Do you remember Hanover airport? Now “X”, RIP.

I don’t know why but I love SFO…

I hear alot of good things about flying W… i really would like to go swimming there at least once in my life. yea i remember hanover. but good luck trying to see any activity at MMU they really dont allow anyone near the ramp at all… unlike here the fences are right up next to the taxiways.

Well, at MMU, you can see the Signature parking near the tower and get pretty close. But the FLying W has great acess. Pretty busy air space for a samll GA airport because Centrel Jersey and the Philly Class B are there. Watch the pattern, its a right hander to keep you out of the left pattern at Centrel Jersey. Last time I was there, an Arrow pulled up and the px, a pretty blonde, was in a bikini top. I was expecting a male pilot, ( I know that’s a prejudiced assumption), to climb out the door next. Instead, another pretty blonde, a local CFI, got out in her bikini top and they spent the day at the pool. Now that’s what I love about GA!

What do you do at CDW?

I meant South Jersey, not Central Jersey, sorry.