Whats your favorite airport?

It never mentions GA airports in the thread starter, just GA pilots. Last I checked, you could be a GA pilot and fly into an international airport.

There’s so many!

I love little N14 because it’s 10 minutes from the house, has an amazing array of aircraft types both local and transient, and it has a special place in my heart because that’s where cifjames started his flying career as a 12YO flight camper, and ultimately where he met his wife. The FO office and the attached cafe are glass fronted and sit very close to the runway, which makes armchair flying particularly attractive.

KVAY held a warm spot in my heart before it fell into the hands of the state. Primarily due to my involvement with the Air Victory Museum, but the place has sad memories since we lost Steve.

TEB, because that’s where Wilbur and Orville taught me to fly!

Harris Hill, because i’m a sucker for a Glider, even though I can’t fit in most of them.

Sadly, many of my former favorites are NLT.

Welcome to the Forum cdwops.

you must have gotten a brand new obtuse hat over the weekend Dave.

This is the General Aviation Forum! Says so right at the top of the thread: “FlightAware > Discussions Forum Index → General Aviation

See the reply above this one!

Then why are you here: FlightAware > Discussions Forum Index → General Aviation

Well, what if I was a GA pilot, and my favorite airport to fly my Cessna into was EWR?

Thread drift is one thing and usually can be overlooked as something that would occur during a normal conversation.

Thread hijacking is something completely different and is considered RUDE, not unlike shouting while someone is speaking in order to garner attention.

Then by all means say so and why.

So if I don’t know what it means then I should just walk and not learn. I thought that this site is for people to speak to other people with the same hobby or whatever it maybe, and also learn new things at the same time??? But if i’m not suppose to learn something like this then I guess I should just walk.

Not here in GA it hasn’t!

Topic title is “Whats your favorite airport?”
See also my earlier diatribe on abbreviations in this posting.

I would if I were a pilot. :wink:

See the title is Whats Your Favorite Airport, SO I put mine down thinking that it was about favorite airports I wasn’t trying to “Hijack” your thread I was answering the Question.

Now you’re being obtuse!

If you don’t know what something means perhaps you should sit on your hands for a bit and just read some of the posts in the thread before chiming in.

Or you can walk and ensure you’ll learn nothing.

Either way, you can stop pouting now.

Yep, in the GA Forum. Or are you saying that this was another knee-jerk reaction on your part in that you didn’t read the OP and didn’t realize where you were in the Forums?

If you can’t associate GA with General Aviation as it’s specifically spelled out in the header then you shouldn’t be operating a computer Dave.

The abbreviation is immediately recognizable to the OP’s stated audience, GA pilots.

“General Aviation” can mean two things:

1. The most probable one is all non-commercial, non-military, non-government aviation.
  2. The other, just as legitimate, could mean aviation in general, i.e. items that are aviation related but not contained in any of the other categories. A miscellaenous area, if you will.

Your right I should stop pouting now :cry: I thought I knew what it was when you read " Whats your favorite airport" you have a good bet that it’s asking whats your favorite airport. So thats what I replied to and I get you saying that “I WAS HIJACKING THE THREAD” <— (deep rich person voice) When I was just answering a question.

Thanks JHEM, did you really learn how to fly at TEB :laughing: hehe must be an old timer then :slight_smile: tebs last flight school operation moved to cdw long ago

flying W is a nice airport alot of pilots from up here tell me about it.

CDWOPS wrote: “Just making a post to see what it is that GA pilots love/hate about airports…”

Are you a pilot CDWOPS?

I will be in a few months and ill be a certified controller in a few years