Whats your favorite airport?

inches oops :laughing:

You sound like me… :laughing:

Our home base of KEAR…Kearney, Nebraska. Otis Air Service provides ‘best of’ everything for our needs. Runways are kept in great condition. After several days away, is always good to get back into our home hangar.

You can add this to your book. meekRN was wanted by the police as a person of interest in a recent murder in the Phoenix area. Yes, it is absolutely the same person.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2009/12/31/20091231glpeo-missing31-ON.html

He was a registered nurse (RN) in Phoenix, the only thing that remains to be learned is why he shot and killed the jogger and what he did with his roommate who remains missing.

[quote=“waitaminute”]

i only dated 2 girls in high school (not counting family), neither was cute back then, the other girl i dated is married with 3 kids as far as i know. i only kept in touch with this one cause i joined the service with her sisters husband.

Thanks- I’ll be sure to add that info to the book I’m writing.

You can add this to your book. meekRN was wanted by the police as a person of interest in a recent murder in the Phoenix area. Yes, it is absolutely the same person.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2009/12/31/20091231glpeo-missing31-ON.html

He was a registered nurse (RN) in Phoenix, the only thing that remains to be learned is why he shot and killed the jogger and what he did with his roommate who remains missing.[/quote]

BTW, the service he refers to is the US Navy. He served on a nuclear submarine back in the 1980’s.

What’s your source?

What’s my source that MeekRN and the person named in the article are the same person?

Research.

submarinesailor.com/crewlist … asp?BID=47
Look for Hawkins, Greg A
Note the email address meekRN@cox.net, city Phoenix
Note the service years are correct for a person the age of the person in the article. He used the meekrn alias elsewhere, including on a corvette forum where he was selling a car. The phone number was the phone number for a Greg Hawkins in Phoenix.

There aren’t two registered nurses named Greg Hawkins in the US, much less in Phoenix.

Sonofabitch, you are correct. What is your connection to him on Flightaware, since you joined today. Did you just google “meekrn” and stumble upon FA?

I must say, I am not all that shocked, he was a little wacky.

ABC15 Phoenix
Eureka Time-Standard
News Channel 3 Eureka

No connection to him. Just found the meekrn connection to FlightAware. Never joined but have visited the site before. I do have friends that live in the neighborhood where the jogger was murdered. It was a bit shocking because it is a very nice area of town, she was just a short distance from her house and it clearly wasn’t a random drive-by because the street wasn’t a major road or even directly accessible from a major road.

Greg seemed to be a pretty bright guy, from what I’ve read of his postings on various forums. He did have a felony theft conviction a bit more than 10 years ago but unless his poker playing was part of a gambling problem I can’t imagine he was mugging someone for money. Since he was an RN there is always the potential that he was stealing drugs and reselling them on the street and a drug deal went bad. The other common cause of a murder is a romance gone sour. Maybe the victim was a patient, he had a crush on her and she spurned him and he decided to get his revenge.

So he ran home to Mommy and ultimately removed himself from the gene pool.

I’m both appalled and yet deeply relieved. :unamused:

I’m only sad he didn’t do the deed before he possibly killed two other people.

Amen to that brotha…may they all RIP, even Meek. Crazy.

[quote=“deef1999”]

Ain’t that some shit?!? We all knew he was a bit unhinged, but holy crap!

[quote=“FlyNYC”]

Yeah, he was very streaky. He could go for a while with posts that made some sense, then he seemed to lose it all at once. Maybe he was on heavy meds and came off at times. Sad tale either way.

Thats too wierd…I didnt read anywhere that they ID’d him as a RN though… :confused:

Wow! You just never learn, do you!

“Owned and operated by the Essex County Improvement Authority”.

How do you think that your post is NOT spam/advertising Robert?

I mean, if your Dad owned the place and wasn’t just an employee there like you, I could understand your exuberance. Perhaps you need to redirect your efforts into getting said Essex County Improvement Authority to advertise on FA!

OMG! I’ve been away for a while guys - Christmas, New Years and then my grandfather unexpectedly died on New Years day, so I’m just getting back to the real world. I can’t believe that about Meek. He was a bit odd, but like I said when I asked where he’d been a couple of weeks ago, I like each and every one of you, for your individual idiosyncrasies. WOW - RIP Meek - even if he was a murderer I guess. I’m speechless. It just goes to show that I guess we never know who we’re talking to on the other side of these forums. I’m sick of all this death/dying going on right now.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks deef - my grandfather is actually who owns the house in Jupiter (or was, I should say :cry: ). You and he were neighbors! Jupiter won’t be the same without him - he absolutely loved it there. My grandfather was a very stoic man and they had a slideshow at his visitation. The only photo of him smiling - him and my grandmother in front of the Burt Reynolds dinner theater.