What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

Hello everyone,

dumb question maybe but i get “one” very strange “rangeplot”(despite my shtty range at all… damn hills…) on my graphs:

abload.de/img/jhorsk4.jpg

i don´t know for which altitude the inner dark red plot is? the outer most ring should be

@35000ft the middle @10000ft but the red one?!

abload.de/img/jh2245sg3.jpg

great work btw…

You have three rings configured:

Outer (green) at 99,999 (I.e. all flight levels)
Middle (blue) at 35,000
Inner (red) at 10,000.

Looks like you see very few flights below 10,000 so it will take a while to build up anything meaningful.

Ah okay makes sense…

Is there a list with codes for the colors ?!

And is it sufficient to pull only the files in the public html folder or do i need the subfolders too?! Ive set up your mod last night over juciessh on my phone ( not allowed to fiddle around with that anymore because of girlfriend…:stuck_out_tongue: ) and ignored the folders but im wondering because the countryflags are working and i have no /flags/ folder in my dump1090/public folder?!

Edit:next question. …

I cant see throu the information from dump1090 on my phone. If i clean the cache from the Browser it is working until i click on the settings button… after that the map will get squished to the left

abload.de/img/tmp_14379-screenshot_w1ps5.png

They’re just RGB, lots of online color pickers e.g. hslpicker.com/

@idh, could you list what you did exactly? I’m trying to get this setup on top of a clean install of JP’s image but I’m having some difficulties following what I need to do.

I just attempted to install this overtop of the most recent (today’s) version of JP’s setup script. map fails to load. Just sits with the spinner spinning away on the map.

Hi usafpride, you need to add a few lines to config.js manually. Best to check the online version and compare this to your local version and add the lines at the end that are missing in your local file.

That’s the weird thing, I took the config.js from my working rPi and still had the issue.

Your browser should have a javascript console for debugging and to see what is going wrong. There may still be a variable missing that is not defined in config.js.

Where found i this dump1090 mod with Arrivals,departures Plan Foto… Please help me

Thanks…

Is there a simple guide to installing this as an add on to JPs script please ?
Tried readme on github but no luck.
Thanks

cd ~
git clone -n github.com/lignumaqua/dump1090 --depth 1
cd ./dump1090
git checkout HEAD:public_html formatter.js gmap.html planeObject.js script.js style.css maplabel.js config.js
rm -rf ./.git
cp ~/dump1090/* /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html

This works for me… But you have to insert your Heywhatsthat-File (upintheair.json) manually.

HTH

so long

Georg

P.S.: Thanks to lignumaqua for this enhancement and of course for FSG in GSAK… New abbreviations here… TFTMacro :slight_smile:

cd ~
git clone -n github.com/lignumaqua/dump1090 --depth 1
cd ./dump1090
git checkout HEAD:public_html formatter.js gmap.html planeObject.js script.js style.css maplabel.js config.js
rm -rf ./.git
cp ~/dump1090/* /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html

This works for me… But you have to insert your Heywhatsthat-File (upintheair.json) manually.

HTH

so long

Georg

P.S.: Thanks to lignumaqua for this enhancement and of course for FSG in GSAK… New abbreviations here… TFTMacro :slight_smile:

Works perfectly - thanks!

Can any one solve this mysterious squint/diplopia and help John?

Range Circle’s center is in Cambridge, UK, the correct location of receiver.

Max range for different elevations are centered at Amstardam, Holland !!! :open_mouth:

Please see screenshot in this post:
http://discussions.flightaware.com/post194408.html#p194408

ive read all the thread

i did a full reinstall but alss range squint/diplopia is still showing in netherlands

i added my FIND YOUR MAXIMUM POSSIBLE RANGE

added code it made but nothing changed

http://prntscr.com/bae7pj

john

i think i used this info from abcd567

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/10232-How-to-Install-dump1090-mutability_1-15-dev-on-RPi

but happy to start over again

running x3 rpi

john

Hi John!

1. There is nothing wrong with the method of installing “dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev” which I have posted on Flightradar24 forum (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/10232-How-to-Install-dump1090-mutability_1-15-dev-on-RPi).

I have tried it on Raspbian Jessie Light and on Piaware latest image. If you have doubts, then please try installing “dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev” using jprochaza’s automated scripts.

1. You have posted a link to your screenshot. I will now post your map screenshot to display directly in this post. This makes it easy & quick for others to understand the situation. It is very clear from your screenshot that the center of range rings and terrain limit rings is near Cambridge, UK, which the correct location of receiver. These are the two things installed with dump1090-mutability 1.15~dev. What is off-center is the maximum range curves at different flight levels, which are centered at Amstardam, and this center is determined by configuration settings in lignumaqua’s files you have downloaded from github.

Im sure its something simple im doing wrong
have you link to jprochaza’s automated scripts.

thanks
john

adsbreceiver.net/

Will take you to his image which is really easy to get installed and set up

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think that heatmap posted by abcd above comes from here:

ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/heatmap-range-altitude-view-for-dump1090-mutability-v1-15-t35844.html

A version that preceded the one most commonly used now?