What fees are involved in using an airport?

What are typical landing fees for GA aircraft? Is there a higher fee for a jet? Does it depend solely upon the weight of the aircraft? If so, is this take-off weight or what?

Small airports are usually free.
Generally, the larger (busier) the airport, the more expensive the fees. And I mean FEES. Landing Fee, handling fee, service fee, ramp fee, security fee, overnight fee. That’s on TOP of any services you get, Fuel, Lav, catering, hangar, wash, yadda…
Yes, most times it is loosly based on aircraft weights. Sometimes it’s divided up by single engine, multi engine, or single piston, twin piston, turbine, jet.
If it is by weight it is the maximum weights for that aircraft type, they don’t weigh the airplanes to figure out how much to charge them! :slight_smile:

I’ve heard of hookers (lot lizards) wandering the parking lots at truck stops. They ought to be working the ramps at the big city FBOs.

Didn’t you read the previous post? Unless these hookers want to provide their “services” on credit alone, they’ll be pretty lonely, seeing as how everyone there has just shelled out their retirement account for the rights to land, refuel, and park overnight at these big city airports. The lot lizards would do better at a smaller airport where “visitors” haven’t already been fleeced by the FBO (or the Port Authority, as the case may be).

If you can afford to land, refuel, and park overnight, then you can afford a little extra-curricular activity as well. :wink:

The landing fees and other costs of doing business do not bother this crowd one bit. Time is money!

time is money, caldwell fees include landing fee and ramp fees depends on which FBO you taxi to

Maybe, but most pilots think they should be paid for such activities. 8) (Except James of course; he’s very level-headed)

Even with exorbitant fees, most FBOs will lose money on James if he can get to the free cookies, cheese and other goodies!

lol, signature at kteb has best cookies

If I see one more Otis Spunkmeyer cookie I’ll throw up.

Ok, maybe just one more.
Seriously between FBO’s and Hampton Inns I eat at least 3 of those fat bombs per day…sometimes at a sitting. The cranberry oatmeal ones are the best.