Weird Spirit flight number NKS245A

Hi, I was wondering About a flight Spirit Airlines did that Just landed in Portland not too long ago from San Diego, The flight number was NKS245A or Spirit Airlines flight 245A. I was just curious about this flight was wondering if what’s a charter or something. It’s just I’ve never seen the letter “A” after the flight number before.
flightaware.com/live/flight/NKS245A

It looks like NKS245 is routed ORD-LAS-SAN-PDX. On 29 August the SAN-PDX section was cancelled and renumbered 256A.

flightaware.com/live/flight/NKS2 … /KSAN/KPDX shows the flight results as unknown.
flightaware.com/live/flight/NKS2 … /KSAN/KPDX took off about the same time.

I doubt it was a ferry or charter flight. These are usually numbered with 4 digits and, at most airlines, start with a 9.

(I hate this abbreviation of a URL - it’s such a pain. It makes it appear that the two links I gave above are the same. I wish FlightAware would concentrate on improving this forum and making the Windows Phone 8 app something to be proud off!)

Windows 8 would need to be something to be proud of first, though…

Also note that the ORD-LAS leg was quite delayed leaving ORD. About 6 hours late.

flightaware.com/live/flight/NKS2 … /KORD/KLAS

I think the SAN-PDX flight was called NKS245A so there wouldn’t be two NKS245 flights in the air simultaneously (ORD-LAS and SAN-PDX).

Overall, Windows 8 PHONE is a pretty good system. I don’t know about Windows 8 for a computer, though. I’ve had all of about 10 minutes playing around with it. Listening to Leo LaPorte, it sounds like people either love it or hate it. Me? Based on my 10 minutes I think I would like it. It’s just a matter of getting use to a new OS.

Cool, thanks :slight_smile: