US Army Aviation Demonstration Team

Does anyone have photos of planes or demonstrations by the US Army Aviation Demonstration Team
During the 1950’s ? My father was on that team and killed in collision in 2958.

Try the Warbird Exchange forums. Registration is free:
warbirdinformationexchange.o … /index.php

Was this known by another name? I researched “US Army Aviation Demonstration Team” and could not find anything on them by that name. I did find a reference to “US Army Aviation Demonstration Team”, a.k.a. Silver Eagles, that existed from 1972 to 1976.

The Golden Knights, a parachute demonstration team was formed in 1959. Could this be what you are talking about?

Was this known by another name? I researched “US Army Aviation Demonstration Team” and could not find anything on them by that name. I did find a reference to “US Army Aviation Demonstration Team”, a.k.a. Silver Eagles, that existed from 1972 to 1976.

The Golden Knights, a parachute demonstration team was formed in 1959. Could this be what you are talking about?

Thanks, don’t think there was another name but I am going to research. the “Silver eagles” was the Helicopter team. Didn’t know it was disbanded. My dad and the Leader had a mid air collision and both died in a practice for a show. that was 1958.

Thanks. Will do.

On the off chance this is still being watched, look for the book ‘Dancing Rotors’ by Harry (Ned) Gilland. It covers the history of helicopter demonstration teams, including Silver Eagles.

Could be The Golden Knights or the Silver Wings.

I fly skydivers and also skydive myself. Have a good friend who is a former Knight. I’ll see what I can dig up.