Upgraded to 3.5.3 and feed gone


#1

I did the disk image upgrade 3.5.3 and now feeder not feeding to FA. Can see the feed locally on several computer on my network but FA page shows Flightaware feed in Red and says I’m haven’t been feeding for more than 6 hours.


#2

Please see the instructions at the top of https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade


#3

Follow the upgrade instructions per the page, won’t let me change the unique ID, which is showing up on my information page.


#4
  1. Configure the feeder ID on the new system by running this command on the Pi:
    piaware-config feeder-id 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc

Missing sudo at start of command.
Use:

sudo piaware-config feeder-id 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc

#5

The sudo should be unnecessary on a piaware sdcard image, actually.

What happens when you try? What is the error you see?


#6

Says- warning: could not set option ‘feeder-id’ to value xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx: not a valid value


#7

also the new disk image version 3.5.3 will not allow me to remote access the RPI like the previous version 3.5.1 did


#8

I changed the SSH command to on and can access the RPI via SHH.

I got the unique Identifier changed but my ADS-B page still shows Flight Aware feed in red. I can see the PiAware Skyview on my local network so I know the unit is functioning.


#9

Can you check the output of the logs?
It should show the feeder-id being used to connect and if there are any errors during the connection.

“cat /var/log/piaware.log”

You can also check the system log for anything strange.
“cat /var/log/syslog”


#10

i looked at the log and it shows a new unique id.


#11

I’ve tried the change id command with and without sudo, the unique id isn’t
being changed


#12

sudo nano /boot/piaware-config.txt

Scroll down to bottom of page and add a new line at bottom
feeder-id xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Save the file Ctrl+o, close editor Ctrl+x

Now restart piaware
sudo systemctl restart piaware


#13

ok, I got the unique id to change, the PiAware shows claimed correctly.
3rd time was the charm.

Thanks to all who gave input, I’ve learned a lot about the device and how
to dig into the logs to find information.