Updating to 3.7.1

Thanks muchly. Stretch it is… and I did know about the autoupdate from the web… I was just resisting the urge to update right now because of what might break. Only “outside addon” i have is graphs1090…

I may wait a bit.

I don’t see this (possible) issue discussed elsewhere. I upgraded to 3.7.1 via the “gear” icon on the ADS-B config page. It appears to have worked as described as the page now displays “Feeder Type: PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 3.7.1”

However, the Skyview page continues to show “3.6.3~bpo8+1” in the top-right corner. Is this expected? I am running Jessie 8.

You need to reload your browser, press and hold CTRL and press F5. This will reload your browser and the new Skyview should reflect the update…

KB4ERT - Thanks for the response. I had assumed that was the issue before posting and had already forced a reload (and to be sure, opened the page in a browser that hadn’t been to my site at all). I should have mentioned this in my first post. In these scenarios, I still show 3.6.3 for Skyview.

If you have a package install, then you need to separately upgrade piaware and dump1090 (there are two upgrade commands; you need to do both).

On a sdcard image it’ll upgrade everything at once. On a package install, it’s not a requirement that dump1090-fa is installed so it doesn’t try to upgrade it unless you explicitly request it.

Thank you for the info. Given that it’s not a requirement, I’ll leave well enough alone.

I’ve been away from my installation, and have just returned.

I’ve attempted to follow the instructions in the May newsletter. However the configuration page shows no upgrade button.

A notice appears in its place - “Sending commands to your device is not available because the feature is disabled locally on your device.”

Can someone suggest how to move past this?

You have a flightfeeder, they are remotely managed and a have a different software

I see. So FlightAware is smart enough to updat the unit they know I have, but not smart enough to NOT send me the email with the unneeded information?

Got it.

Hmmm. You don’t really have to upgrade to the newer version if you are working properly.
If you read this forum you would have read the notice. Yes?
Bob

I agree that the mail talking about how to upgrade piaware wasn’t clear that it didn’t apply to FlightFeeders; sorry for the confusion.