UAL from Portland turned back

A United Airlines jet headed for Denver from Portland turned around after taking off Wednesday after an emergency escape slide apparently deployed while the plane was in the air.

United Airlines flight 364 had taken off about 8:14 a.m. from Portland International Airport when a warning indicator connected to an emergency escape slide prompted the crew to turn the plane around and return to Portland.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL364

Now there is no track at all for this flight – an unfortunate side effect of the implementation of retrieval of historic flight tracks. There was no arrival message so evidently that means the flight never existed, even though you know it did.

Yup, all gone. Track was only good until next flight with same flight number. Couldn’t see to much of the track anyway, at least until they get the zoom in feature working. By looking at news reports, they dumped some fuel before landing with the slide flapping past the wing. Have to wonder how that happened.

Am I correct in assuming it was a 752? The last UAL 364 displayed was a 763, but I’m guessing from the flight history that this was not the a/c type on the flight in question.

It was a 757, not sure if it was a 200 or not. Doesn’t even indicate on the FAA site

From FAA site.

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: UAL364 Make/Model: B757 Description: B-757
Date: 05/17/2006 Time: 0908

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
UNITED AIRLINES, UAL364, A BOEING 757 ACFT, WHILE ON DEPARTURE, THE LEFT
WING SLAT FAILED TO RETRACT AND THE EMERGENCY SLIDE ON THE LEFT WING
DEPLOYED BUT DID NOT INFLATE, ACFT RETURNED AND LANDED WITHOUT INCIDENT,
PORTLAND, OR

I was able to look at the track before it was gone. I can confirm that it was a 757-200.

this is the flight in quesiton, and likewise here’s it’s tracklog :slight_smile:

UA doesn’t fly 753s. It’s a -200.