Two AA50 DFW - LGW?

I’ve been watching AA50 in anticipation of our vacation flight next month. Given that it has a 50% on time rate, it has been interesting.

I noticed this week that on 4/7 and 4/10, there appears to be two AA50’s–one leaving on time around 5:00 p.m. and a second leaving about 8:00 p.m. The equipment is a little different as well–B772Q and 772W. AA.com shows the 5:00 p.m. departure only.

Also, I’ve seen the abbreviation CYSO listed in reference to this flight.

Any suggestions on what’s going on here?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL50

As far as I can tell, the double schedule is due to the fact that the flight overflies multiple controlling entities (specificaly US and Canada - the rest is not available to FA, and thus does not appear.) The flight is filed for the US portion, with the expected transiton to Canada and a filing for the Canadian portion. FA actually receives “Departure & Arrival” messages for these transitions, hence the flight track in your example starts over canada, heading out to the Atlantic, as if the flight began @ FL350 over Canada instead of DFW.

Hope this helps, have fun!

That makes sense. I was pretty sure AA wasn’t sending a second 772 back and forth to LGW, but if they were, maybe we could get better seats!

Thanks!