Total waste of time!

New to the site. I heard it advertised on a technical radio segment on WGN in Chicago. I tried other such sites and no problem in seeing the commercial flight that I wanted to track. I constantly typed in Swissair, Swiss Air Lines, Swiss International Airline and it insisted that I misspelled them all! After some time it managed to recognize what I was after! Information?..NONE!

Yes…the flight was still within the U.S border. Seems as though your site could not track an Elephant in two feet of snow in your own back yard! Bottom line…it sucks as compared to others. All fluff and show but no simple minded information. Lets get with the show and tweak it up a tad more. You can’t even track a simple commercial airline flight?? Bottom line…it sucks!

I have problems when I try to type in an airline where it says “Enter Airline Name Here,” Sometimes it autofills and works fine, other times nothing pops up and if I KNOW I spells the airlines proper name it says I “you must select airline from a name…”

But I don’t think I’ve ever thought about having a stroke about it. By de-caff

I’ve been a moderator on a forum site for five years now. Like said…the site needs some serious tweaking! If something does not work as you just admitted…FIX IT! After all, is this forum site not for input as to problems that arise and possible improvements? Like said, I finally managed to get the site to accept the info that I wished for but…nothing!

If I entered the same info on other sites and had a problem I would more than likely not have pointed this problem out but, as said I had none whatsoever. So…that leads me to believe that this site cannot fathom or handle simple commercial flight input!

The whole experience in my opinion has been akin to that of trying to pull teeth from a water buffalo as compared to other flight tracking sites! Face up to the facts as you just alluded to to. Swissair is, well…Swissair!! No need to say I misspelled it and give me a drop down menu that says the same damn thing! Also, ORD is Chicago, Ill. O’Hare airport and nothing else!

As for coffee…wake up and smell it!

I’m sorry to hear our site isn’t working the way you expected.

When type into the “Enter Airline Name Here” box, you need to then select the airline name from the list provided. I know there is a slight gap between your typing and the appearance of the list, but should be quite quick; less than a second on a typical broadband connection. Alternatively you may enter the flight number (SWR123) into the Flight/Tail # box if you know the airline abbreviation.

Please include the flight ident (airline and number, or tail number) when reporting a problem. All three Swissair flights to and from KORD (SWR8, SWR8N, and SWR9T) appear to be tracking correctly.

On all the pages I can think of, the full name for KORD appears as “Chicago O’Hare Intl Airport”; are you seeing it differently anywhere on the site?

Ahhhh…I assumed that was Flightwares job? Silly me. I put all the correct information in to the “T”. I even gave it another chance just a few minutes ago. I thought perhaps in its inability to recognize a simple airport I would use its search information. I typed in the destination which was Zurich, Switzerland and it more or less said…“keep typing till I recognize it”!!! What else does it need? Planet Earth, third planet from the sun, Europe, altitude and longitude coordinates for the God damn airport in Zurich, Switzerland? Did not have the slightest problem with other flight tracking sites!

As for why I’m still on the site? Its got some major problems and other than that I’ll be off because by the time this damn site can find its own ass let alone a major airline flight it will have reached its damn destination!
My man…it is in need of some definite reformatting as to its search capabilities and the way it accepts and or formats the input. If it can’t understand Zurich, Switzerland and keeps asking me to type more information in because it can’t understand what Zurich, Switzerland is I believe this site has a serious problem!

No problem. Just thought I would give this site a try and it failed beyond comprehension as to others. Maybe sometime in the future I’ll try again when it can understand plain and simple English! :unamused:
'nough said…

I typed in Zurich and it suggested: Zurich (LSZH)

Phil2333: FlightAware should refund your money. Oh! Wait. There’s not charge to use the site!

If you don’t like the site then don’t use it. The FlightAware staff is doing one helluva job in getting flight tracking data to the public at NO COST.

Like someone else said, buy decaf!

Thanks Phil2333 for identifying yourself as a first class ass on a public forum.This site is great and I believe the information provided is to be taken with a grain of salt, not to stake your life on it. If you want that kind of info get a job with Swiss Air as a Flight Dispatcher.
Chill out, it’s a freakin’ website providing a free service.

This doesn’t always work for me. I use Mozilla, does that matter. I just typed in United into “Enter Airline Name Here” Nothing popped up, no list, nothing.

Never really use this function, so it never really mattered to me.

BTW I love this site. Thanks for the hard work you have put into it.

There is a known bug using FireFox on the Discussions page. It’s been reported several times. If you go to the home page (click on the FA logo) and type in “United” it works fine.

Never knew this myself!!! Thanks as now I can use this feature in Opera.

Allen

:smiley: I love Flightaware. Thank you Flightaware staff! :smiley:

**You know, I have been a critic at times, but good gawd…this guy was a pain. Hope the hanger door doesn’t hit him on the way out. FA guys, keep doin’ what you’re doin’. Kudos to you. **Tim

Hmmm… Either I’m under the influence of something or my last post disappeared. I must have been demoderated. *. But I swear I did press that “submit” button.

Let me rephrase that post:

If you like Flight Aware, enjoy this great site.
If you don’t, well, nobody is twisting your arm to use it.
Thanks everyone for making this a great site!!*

Let’s avoid the personal attacks and sarcasm; they are being pruned.

Well this sucks…

I go off to Pagosa Springs for one weekend and look what happens. I miss all the fun and don’t get to go off on my “this site is free, quit complaining” rant. Thanks a lot! Last time I go on vacation without my laptop…

Hey TimCoble…I swear, this is like three times in a row we agree on something. You been in for a random lately? I’m starting to get worried about you. :laughing:

It’s not just with Firefox. I use IE and typing in any airline name doesn’t bring up any results nor any lists to choose from. However, if I go to the Live Tracking link it works fine.

I think that there is a problem with the look-up lists on this page.

Yeah, never worked for me either (IE). If you turn on script error notification you see a “permission denied” error at line 202; but I can’t be bothered to debug it.

Edit: permission error (line 378) when entering airport name too. :confused:

The airline search feature only works on the main site – not the discussion forums or beta site (yet).

[quote=“Phil2333”]
New to the site. I heard it advertised on a technical radio segment on WGN in Chicago. I tried other such sites and no problem in seeing the commercial flight that I wanted to track. I constantly typed in Swissair, Swiss Air Lines, Swiss International Airline and it insisted that I misspelled them all! After some time it managed to recognize what I was after! Information?..NONE!

Maybe the site is too technical for Phil2333.[/quote]