Times off & double flight entries

This a.m. I physically watched this flight land at 7:12 am EST, not 6:12 am EST- note the total flight time MEM-GRR of :07 minutes:

flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX1 … /KMEM/KGRR

Yesterday I physically watched this flight land at apx 1:20-1:25 pm EST, not 1:02 pm EST:

flightaware.com/live/flight/NWA1 … /KMCO/KGRR

Others I’ve notice too.

Also, noticing double entries for certain flights. One example- FDX659 for Feb-20, 21 & 22 have double entries for the same flight:

flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX659/history

All covered in previous postings. I’ll let lieberman give you the references because he likes to give people stuff while I like to show people how to find it for themselves.

There’s a search link at the top of every page that you can use to search for this anomaly. Also, check out the FAQs (questions/answers in top right corner) for how FlightAware gets its data.

For the search feature, I suggest entering terms such as flight track. You’ll get a wealth of information on the operations of FlightAware.

Good question as a search of the forums did not reveal an answer. And it looks like the double postings just started within the past week or so.

There was another question similar but that was a flight in and out of Canada and the flight path shown above does not appear to involve Canadian ATC airspace.

Hopefully somebody will provide you with a more productive answer on that question…

Regarding errant arrival times, see discussions.flightaware.com/view … ht=midwest There may be other threads on this topic.

Hopefully this will more of a productive answer then just having someone to tell you to search yourself.

Allen

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." - anonymous
or
Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today, although why anyone would want to eat fish that doesn’t come in can is beyond me. Teach a man to use the search feature and he will be able to search for the answer and, if he doesn’t find it, ask a question here on the forum. - me

But you didn’t teach anyone anything! All you did was tell him to find it himself! Teaching someone to fish would involve showing the different parts of a fishing rod (rod, reel, line, hook, bobber) and explaining what each part does. Then you would have to explain casting and the various techniques used in that regard. All you did was point at the water and say, “There’s a fish in there - hope you catch it!” Your reply was less than helpful.

Au contraire. I told him about the search feature which he may have overlooked. While at the top of the page, it doesn’t pop out and it’s quite easy to miss it.

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. Albert Einstein

I provided the conditions - the use of the search feature and Questions/Answers section. I said, quoting myself from below, "…I like to show people how to find it for themselves. " I did this by giving him the tools.

Don’t forget that while I told him about the search feature for a specific request, he can take the knowledge of the FAQs and search feature and apply it to other questions he may have.

You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself. - Galileo Galilei

What makes you think that?

Did you even bother to look at his profile and take notice on when he joined??? ** Probably not…**

Remaining on topic, what is the answer regarding the double posting since you proclaim it’s been posted previously and I sure couldn’t find it.

Or did you not read the entire posting?

Allen

“________________________________________________”
The above is in response to lieberman who can’t read or, rather, reads what he wants to read and not what is written.

It’s a “fill-in-the-blanks” so he can tell me what I said.

In other words, why bother answering him if he’s only going to come back with some other “holier than tho” statement?

Remaining on topic, what is the answer regarding the double posting since you proclaim it’s been posted previously and I sure couldn’t find it.

The rest of the irrelevant stuff, please take it to the banter thread.

Allen

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to start a fight. I’ll do a search before posting next time. :blush:

Some of this flight data is really whacked… finding more this a.m.

No aplogies needed, and unfurtenately you are not the first to apoligize for posting a question.

You deserved an answer, not go search yourself response in my opinion.

There is nothing mandatory that you search first anyway. **So, don’t hesitate to ask questions with OR WITHOUT searching.

And hopefully, **the bottom line, **is somebody will get you the answer that I couldn’t get for you in my initial response after searching myself.

Allen

Unlike some sundowner drivers, I believe in helping people help themselves. That’s why I suggested doing a search. Often, if the topic has been covered, you’ll get your answer faster. Do a search and, if you don’t find your answer or if you have questions about your answer, then post it.

True, it’s not mandatory to do a search first but it sure does help to eliminate the same question being posted over and over and over. You also just may discover new and exciting that you wouldn’t have found by not searching.

Hey, I posted an entire answer without any shouting (i.e. no bold) a good percent of the posting.

All you did was light a match in the middle of a wild fire. :wink:

Funny, lancasterperch!!
yeah - that fight has been goin’ on for MONTHS!!!

It’s going to stop, as I am tired of swimming upstream watching Dami be disrespectful to others, giving half baked, unreasearched answers, people apologizing for posting and the such, while others put up with it, time to move on to better waters…

Not looking for any replies to this at all, and please do not reply here in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, just want to explain my dissapearance.

Allen

discussions.flightaware.com/view … &start=275