This pilot forgot he is in the US

flightaware.com/live/flight/NGF62Y
Is he from a different country? He must have flown VFR to the US because the first IFR flight starts in the US.

Oh great! My 300th post dedicated to a crazy person.

I don’t understand what’s so “crazy” about this flight.
It’s not listed as an N-number, the aircraft very well could have flown many IFR flights in the past. It’s just the first flight for that flight number.

The tail number doesn’t look like an N-Number. I have heard ATC give airline flights a number and letter combo for their flight number (i.e. ASA91A). But I don’t know why they would do that for a private aircraft. Just give the guy a regular tail number. He could be from a different country but I don’t know of any foriegn numbers starting with NGF-.

NGF is the ICAO code of Angel Flight America.

Also, N number have to be N, followed by a number, so it can’t be an n number.

Just figured it out. NGF is the callsign for AngelFlight.

Dammit Newark you beat me by 1 minute!

So it seems your 300th post turns out to be dedicated to an awesome cause!

…AND he took the time to create a link in his message too! :smiley:

I had all kinds of links originally, I even cited my source! (which was DeltaMike172, and later Damiross who posted the avpubs link I used to find it) Then I changed it, wasted time.
Who asked you anyway Needle!

Well THEN - I guess THAT’S WHY he beat you! You just needed the one link was all, and then you would’ve come out on top!

…always willing to put in my 2 where it doesn’t belong. :wink:

Haha, you almost had me there if you hadn’t removed your links like you said. :smiley:

I checked the logs and that tail number has been used twice before. Once on 10-Mar-2006 for a C172/G and once on 14-Aug-2005 for a BE35/A.

You can find a list of current Angel Flights on flightaware.com/live/special/angel-flight/

This one is odd…

Currently NGF773D is enroute 3M3/KGNV.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NGF773D

But when you look at airport activity at 3M3, the flight is not shown as a departure. I think that’s an oddity.
http://flightaware.com/live/airport/3M3