The Dream of Flight...

A beautiful video:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/contest/view.php?entry=286

When I first thought of the question What does flight mean to me? It made me begin to think. I had never really tried to explain in words (and video) what flight means to me. Well three videos later, this is what I came up with. All of this footage was shot from the “cheap-seats” as I’m not a pro with the access I wish I had, but, nonetheless, I feel blessed to have found a way to capture what I did. This video was actually created by accident or rather I should say created by “Inspiration” after I finished my second video (Wings of Freedom) I was just messing around with a particular clip that I had shot. It actually took on a life of its own and I became obsessed with trying to get it as perfect as possible. I spent over 25 hours editing, rendering, re-rendering, and re-rendering some more. For the last 4 days, I have not gone to bed before 3 am. I wanted to get this project finished so I could sit back and see what was trying to come to life. Anyway, here it is. The Dream of Flight, the inspiration of Flight in words and video. I truly hope you enjoy the ride and I also hope it conveys some of what we all feel about flight when we gaze into the Wild Blue! Thanks for checking it out… :smiley:

Note, while the video is nicely created and worthy of watching, I am making the assumption the above text was written by the creator of the video Brad Vaughn seen at the end in the credit roll of the video (sans the smilie), not the original poster of this thread.

Allen

I thought that Flygirljc did the video also. First thought? “Holy monkey she’s got skill’s.” I’m sure it wasn’t Jan’s intentions, perhaps an edit and a block quote?

I figured anyone that watched the video would see all the credits at the end of the video that says who did the video. The video speaks for itself - I merely shared with all here & if you can read after watching the whole video you will know/see who the author is (even though it is kinda small text) - hope you voted for Brad’s video too… :smiley:

BTW: He/Brad spells his last name like this: Vaughan… 8)

leardvr - thanks for your comments & I do have skills - they just aren’t video… :wink:

And no - Brad did not insert the smile - I did… :smiley:

:unamused: Are you sure?

Well at least you are sure you didn’t!!! :smiley:

Here is Brad’s other video that he mentions in the original post “Wings of Freedom” & what he has to say about it:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/contest/view.php?entry=289

This was fun to put together. The amazing thing is I had put the video together and then found the music and it fit so perfectly. No kidding, I was amazed at how well it fit with just a few minor adjustments! Again, this is all footage from this year. Mostly shot at Langley and Oceana. To me, this piece makes me feel so thankful for our Freedom especially since it’s these “Wings of Freedom” that help provide that Freedom for us! :smiley:

I think Alan was suggesting that you do something like this so that folks can understand that it was Brad Vaughan and not you who made both the video and the quote. Note, I am not trying to give you a hard time, challenge your beliefs, or anything else, just explaining.

[quote=“Brad Vaughan”]This was fun to put together. The amazing thing is I had put the video together and then found the music and it fit so perfectly. No kidding, I was amazed at how well it fit with just a few minor adjustments! Again, this is all footage from this year. Mostly shot at Langley and Oceana. To me, this piece makes me feel so thankful for our Freedom especially since it’s these “Wings of Freedom” that help provide that Freedom for us!
[/quote]

Probably should give credit where it’s due. Leardvr said it much more elequently then me regarding the block quote :smiley:

I just didn’t want readers to think she wrote the text (like I initially thought).

Allen

I don’t know why either one of you are back over here in this thread/post because it was already rectified in an above post - did you not read it before posting your suggestions or read the following newer post.

There are so many other posts/threads for you to frequent & aggravate people - I think you should stay away from my posts because you are just harassing me for sure. :smiley:

It is very obvious what you both are doing & you know who you are - I don’t have to name you… :smiley:

I did too (didn’t make it through enough of the video to get to the credits), and the second one was the same thing.

It’s FlightAware, not GrammarAware.

…Or http://www.godware.net/ “software for the soul”

Maybe the instigator a few posts up should be addressed rather than quelling everyone elses benign enjoyment of flygirljc’s thoughtful post of a very cool vid… :confused:

[quote=“azav8r”]

Thank you aza & I want all to know that I never lost power through the whole ice storm here in OKC - my Pilot/Protector was faithful again - HE’s my HERO for sure!!! :smiley:

Some of my friends just got their power back yesterday… :cry: :smiley: :arrow_right:

**BRAD WON: **http://www.airshowbuzz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2471&st=0