FlightAware Discussions

Tar1090 -- improved webinterface for dump1090-fa and readsb

Before it would have switched between _SE-CTZ and the regular callsign.
But as the _ wasn’t making clear what it is instead of the callsign … this has been made more clear.
When there is no callsign something else is shown that can identify that plane (at least in the labels, in the list and details n/a is shown)

1 Like

Arh, great thanks. May admit i have never really thought about what the _ i sometimes saw actually meant :wink:

I cannot seem to see anymore the UAT on my tar1090 webpage.
I edited:

sudo nano /usr/local/share/tar1090/html/config.js
# Change to yes to enable UAT/978 display in tar1090
ENABLE_978=yes
# If running dump978-fa on another computer, modify the IP-address as appropriate.
URL_978="http://192.168.1.44/skyaware978"

The skyaware978 has a plane now and is not showing in the tar1090.

PS: I did try ENABLE_978=“yes” too…
PPS: In desperation I tried also:
sudo ufw allow 37981
Rule added
Rule added (v6)

I’ve seen that before on mine. It seemed like the plane was using both an ads-b and UAT transponders. I found the same aircraft shown in tar1090 with only the ads-b.

It’s not too uncommon for me to see a plane with both transponders. If you click on the plane and watch the messages come in, it seems UAT is shown as the priority, but it will flip back and forth between UAT and ADS-B messages. As the aircraft gets farther away it flips mostly to ADS-B. These dual transponder aircraft usually fly up over UAT’s 18,000 feet limit eventually.

That’s not the file where what you showed below goes.

Can you show the content of this page:

http://192.168.1.44/skyaware978/data/aircraft.json

After making the changes to /etc/default/tar1090, did you restart the tar1090 service as mentioned?

1 Like
{"aircraft":[],"messages":1950,"now":1621080911.746}

That’s what Github says at: GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa
The /etc/default/tar1090 is missing.

And yes I restarted the service with

sudo systemctl restart tar1090

enabling 978 is describe here:
GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa

See the instructions for “Configuration part 1”. This is the relevant part in the configuration file:

It says configuration part 1, which is described here:

GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090: Provides an improved webinterface for use with ADS-B decoders readsb / dump1090-fa

If you don’t have /etc/default/tar1090 then the install didn’t work in the first place or you’ve deleted it, no clue.
Remove it if it’s an empty file and run the install.

I don’t know why that was missing, I remember editing a long time ago.
I’ll wait and see now.