FlightAware Discussions

Tar1090 -- improved webinterface for dump1090-fa and readsb

and don’t forget the first-aid kit :wink:

and don’t forget the first-aid kit :wink:

And a stiff alcoholic drink.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good advice. Especially the stiff drink:)

Was able with your help to make the changes.
SiteCirclesDistances = new Array(100,150,200,250,300);

1 Like

Hi wiedehopf
Thanks for your job.

Hello, I would like to add navigation points in a new geojson file after modifying the layers.js file. Can you tell me the writing line.
I tried the following line:

{
“type”: “FeatureCollection”,
“name”: “VFR”,
“features”: [
{“type”: “Feature”, “properties”: {“name”: “NW”}, “geometry”: {“type”: “Point”, “coordinates”: [44.9755555555556, -0.880833333333333]},

Thank you

Sorry can’t help you with the geojson format, you’ll have to figure that out yourself.

Can I make a suggestion as an idea for a later release?

Now that you have all the columns selectable it can be sorted by source (MLAT, ADS-B, Mode S) with the color codes and the description at the end of the table:

Would it make sense to have a filtering option based on the source as well? Maybe by switching it off and on using the colored fields? or as a filter in the filtering tab?

Just asking :slight_smile:
I am not a coder, so i have no clue how this would work.

Not sure what I’m looking at, is this intended behavior for the “Callsign” for some (not all) Mode-S aircraft? Only appears for less than a second then disappears; changes to ADS-B. Not all Mode-S aircraft do this…only a few show “FlightAware: hexcode”. So it’s not consistent…others just transition from Mode-S to ADS-B without showing the "FlightAware: " first.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 064931

Gear menu / settings: group by data source.
Or just enable the data source as a column and sort by it.

1 Like

Changed it.
I don’t use the FA links, it’s a legacy feature.

1 Like

@wiedehopf, have you received any feedback concerning issues with ?pTracks for the most recent commit of tar1090 (don’t write to localStorage on toggle init)?

I’ve found that I can no longer click on a single track to select just that aircraft and to see the RHS Data Panel. Clicking on the track appears to do nothing.

I’m running a RasPi4 with 32bit Ras Pi OS and dump1090-fa / lightppd

I’ve seen this behaviour in the latest versions of Safari and Firefox on macOS 10.15, and Edge and Firefox on Windows 10

If I use the old method with my /persist instance, I can still select individual tracks.

The table not showing anything is on purpose … well let’s see maybe i’ll enable it again.

The traces not being selectable i just fixed, thanks for the report.

Edit: re-added the table to /?pTracks but please be aware that not all data is available for the historic aircraft as that form of history only saves data important to draw the tracks.

Sorry, I was being a bit dyslexic - I meant to say Left Hand Side. Not showing the table on right hand side was a good choice.

Thanks for the quick fix (as usual!) :slightly_smiling_face:

And now I have had to update again to see the change to show the RHS table - which you did as I was writing this…

This is probably best of both worlds - it is there for people who want it, but is easy to hide for those who don’t. I generally just click on interesting tracks to see what the aircraft was.

Thanks, again.