Tar1090 -- improved webinterface for dump1090-fa and readsb

Well, data trumps impressions every time :0

1 Like

That’s very nice, I like it a lot. @wiedehopf, what’s the name to use to set that as the default in

/usr/local/share/tar1090/html/config.js 

please? I did remove that file and reinstall so I got the latest version but the only one which looks close is OSM and I assume that’s the default Openstreetmap map, not this one. Thanks.

That’s a secret!
Check layers.js :wink:

Thank you, found it. I prefer it to the standard OSM because it’s that little bit cleaner. Nice job.

Can you explain the differences in files , are the directories both saved on a “update” ?

/etc/default/tar1090

and

/usr/local/share/tar1090/html/config.js

Simple question (i hope). What is the significance or non-significance of the “underscore” in front of some aircraft in the sidebar aircraft list?

For Example, _N827AE. Later it changes to ENV3784. _N701UW changes to AAL1184. Ones is MLAT the other ADS-B. Foreign registration _XA-JCV changed to AIJ2841 (MLAT as well). Change takes anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

Is it just initially a few flights don’t “send” complete info or I am not receiving the info? Thanks!

It signifies that it is not a callsign, but the registration or ICAO id, to display some sort of identfication in the list.

Both files are retained when running the install script.

You’ll have to check both files and just see what you can configure there …

can an x-wing be added for N36272?

I hope you are joking :wink:

The serious answer: No such gimmicks for my interface.

2 Likes

sniff… sniff… :cry:

I just upgraded to buster and I lost the FA links in the webinterface, they still work in SkyAware, and I have the config.js " flightawareLinks = true; " line

any ideas ?

After upgrading the version it’s often worth clearing the cache and cookies for the PiAware address/IP in the web browser’s settings, then re-visiting it, and seeing if that restores sanity.

They work fine for me, you’ll have to better describe the issue.

This should work without issues.

Did you restart browser window with CTRL+F5?

I would for testing switch the option to “false”, restart tar1090 service, switch it back on and restart it again.
Also a copy of the part in the config.js might be required here for further analysis to check if there’s a typo

The service has little to do with the javascript options for the webinterface.

Since doing an update earlier today, I no longer seem to be getting MLAT aircraft displayed or designated in the table. They all seem to be classified as ‘Other’. Have I missed doing something?

Thanks

Do you actually have positions for them?
Sounds to me like your MLAT just isn’t working or providing results.

Don’t blame my interface for that :slight_smile:

Or just update again, maybe you got a bad version, i’ve been doing quite a few updates.
Ctrl-F5 as well.

Ok thanks. Will try rebooting my Pis too

Like adding aircraft type to the labels :+1:t2: :slightly_smiling_face: