Tar1090 -- improved webinterface for dump1090-fa and readsb

I know - I am only using standard port redirection of 8080.
[ddns_IP]:8080 shows the FA SkyAware display and :8080/tar1090/ shows what I thought you were after!!!

So my question was how do I convince Pi to serve that folder, since I already have lighttpd serving something else at port 80.
I want to be able to switch between them.

Wiedehopf suggestion might work.

Normally you can forward outside port X to an arbitrary port Y on the inside of the network.

So you want to expose tar1090:
You forward port 80 the outside to port 8504 on the pi and enable the config file i mentioned (i’ve since fixed it so it works for IPv4 as well).

For some reason, when I did copy/paste the command from GitHub, and followed with restart command from there, it didn’t expose the 8504 port. The IP:8504 was just “not found”.
I was getting late for work, so… Don’t know more.

Yeah you need to update.
When you did it, the configuration file was working for IPv6 only.

Yeah, no IPv6 in my house, I won’t stand for that :yum:

Updated TAR1090. Now it appears it’s missing/mislabelling columns. RSSI should be the last column to the right and the headers for “Messages” and “Seen” are missing. Individual data is displayed.

Annotation%202019-10-17%20191336

// Columns that have a // in front of them are shown.
HideCols = [
#icao”,
// “#flag”,
// “#flight”,
#registration”,
// “#aircraft_type”,
#squawk”,
// “#altitude”,
// “#speed”,
#vert_rate”,
// “#distance”,
#track”,
// “#msgs”,
// “#seen”,
// “#rssi”,
#lat”,
#lon”,
#data_source”,
#base_marker_key”,
]

When I expand the sidebar, RSSI/Lat/Lon/Source are shifted over 2 columns. No header for Messages or Seen.

Hid Messages/Seen and everything is fine when I expand the sidebar (obviously not displayed when I show map. Enabled just messages and it’s missing again in both condensed/expanded view. Tried the same with “seen” and same behavior.

Anything I can do? Thanks for looking into this!

I have tried that IPv4 code and now I have the web interface, but without the actual map or planes.

Did you update and copy it over?
Or did you maybe miss something with copy paste?

Anyway maybe the adsb-receiver scripts are making problems, what do i know.

Just start new and you’ll have a clean install.
You can even move over the old graph data if you want.

1 Like

Yeah that was some stupid changes because i didn’t like how it looks while loading with the large table.
Should be working properly now.

1 Like

Would you consider putting version date or build date onto the display… Sometimes I forget when my last update was versus the current github posting date. Or better yet… a “update is available” check on opening the web page.

Maybe I solved it for myself, I added my github account to the “watching” status, used to only be notified on “releases”

1 Like

Thank you. Working great!

Ran into a small conflict between the “T” button and the map button with the aircraft trails box,

Sometimes the aircraft trails box is solid , sometimes blank, sometimes checked.

Sometimes the “T” button works (as a toggle on/off), sometimes it does nothing

Don’t use the checkbox :slight_smile:

Oh that checkbox. Hmm ok i’ll check.

Edit: Probably fixed.

I’m missing “Other” .?!

Press V? (20 characters)

A-ha, cannot see that is was selected on button “V” , only “on screen”

Flashed a new card with Buster. Installed everything, normal :8080 webpage works but…

You installed tar1090 after dump1090-fa?

Does /dump1090-fa work?

Yes, the /dump1090-fa works.

LE: I have run your script again and it started working…