Stupid TSA Tricks

JHEM wrote:
“It was also exempt as a MIL charter. I fear that the tale has been concocted.”

Yes ,in your infinate wisdom you are correct.
My grandson is a lier. He concocts stories in his head all the time; he’s an aspiring si-fi writer.

For the sake of civility on this forum I will say only this:

Thanks to all the young men and women in our armed forces you don’t have to fear not being able to express your opinions, even if you insult or question people’s integrity.

Do you know the difference between War Stories and Fairy Tales Gramps? Fairy Tales start off “Once upon a time…”.

War Stories start off “This ain’t no shit…”.

As someone who has served and been wounded in combat I know I’ve earned the right to express my opinion.

Regardless of what did or did not transpire on your grandson’s trip overseas, I wish him and all presently serving a safe return.

Just to stop an argument before it really gets started, I know JHEM isn’t insulting your grandson or calling him a liar. Also, JHEM once spent his share of time crawling through the mud and getting shot at, so believe me, he respects the hell out of you grandsons service, as do most of us here on this board.
I think he is simply thinking that your grandson may have been the recipient of some third hand stories. Or he witnessed it first hand because the TSA agents are morons. Either way, thank you to your grandsons and all the men amd women serving our nation. Godspeed.

New screening for TSA:

hulu.com/watch/41278/family- … -p92-st-i1

NEXT TIME JUST WALK INSTEAD OF FLYING. WALKING GIVES YOU THE LIBERTY WITHOUT DEALING WITH TSA

No need to shout it!

You may not be stopped by the TSA but try being a black man minding his own business while walking through a lily white neighborhood in the evening.

:confused: Where do you come up with this crap? Is it the Lithium or the Thorazine?

You said it was OK for the TSA to profile, but not the police?

No, I didn’t say that. I was pointing out that, evidently not clearly, that we are entering a police state.

There is a difference between profiling at the airport and elsewhere. Very few terrorists (like, zero) were hijackers on 9/11.

DAMN ME!!! :smiling_imp: Thinking I could post something funny and get some yuck’s out of it but instead we draw a posting from a guy who has posted a total of 3 postings to the thread…who I’ll bet did not read the ENTIRE thread…guess what we all have our TSA issues. I’m not going to post into this thread anymore…if I can help it :wink:

This coming from a guy who has issues with AA vouchers

NEXT TIME JUST WALK INSTEAD OF FLYING. WALKING GIVES YOU THE LIBERTY WITHOUT DEALING WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES :stuck_out_tongue:

…must resist…must not let this thread be reborn… :smiling_imp:

cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/05/18/ai … index.html

Resistance is Futile!
:laughing:

I know how much we all love TSA.

Yesterday, they let a pax through security with a boarding pass that didn’t have his name on it, let’s say pax name John Doe with boarding pass for Homer Simpson. Luckily, the Delta gate agents discovered the error.

Here is my most recent TSA story.

Was flying home from Seattle after an Alaskan trip. I forgot to pack my knife I picked up in Alaska in a checkin bag, TSA caught it(never mind the bottles of water, shampoo, and eyewash they didn’t in my wifes carry on).

Anyway…they let me go back to check in my carry on, rather than turning over my trinket to them, the counter agent issued me a new boading pass that reflected by 3rd checked bag…which I accepted without looking at. Stood in line again…got a different TSA Gestapo agent who looked at it, checked my ID, glared at me, and let me walk right in…

It was only some 10 minutes later when my wife looked at it did we discover that my name was now “Maria Sienna”. Needless to say I checked my ID to make sure that I was indeed NOT Maria Sienna, as the TSA lacky had obviously thought it was, but no I was still me. No, Mr. brownshirt had obviously failed both the eyesight and reading comprehension tests. I relayed this “Shocking” slip is security to my Airline agent at the gate…who assured me that…“Oh that is nothing…I have hours of TSA stories I could tell”…she laughed. yes…ha ha ha.

Gotta love the TSA…after all if not for the TSA unemployment would be even higher, as all those guys who didn’t pass the Postal exam would have no place to work.

Was that at the Ted Stevens Airport in Anchorage? I was once stick there for 3 days and TSA was pretty nice.

I’ve been searching for an answer…can you use the TSA approved locks on international flights? I only found answers saying in the USA… :question:

You can use one, but they will cut them if they want to get into your bag. Whenever I come back from Mexico, they always warn me after the initial bag inspection that the lock may be cut. It never has been, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Wouldn’t it make sense if the TSA locks were “international”…

I always have my bags searched. I get that little note that they stick in there, and as always my stuff is broken. They remind you that they aren’t liable for breaking stuff, and write a note on how you are to pack. Well I followed their rules, they unpacked every thing, threw the bubble wrap back in, not back around the dishes…and guess what they broke! The other stuff in the hubs suitcase (packed by me the same way) made it just fine. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose…I can’t say for sure. But if feels that way.
:confused:

Suggestion to anyone who who wants their stuff to make it with relative ease…not to say it wouldn’t or couldn’t be searched…FedEx :wink:

Almost a guarantee for shit to get broken :smiling_imp: :smiley:

I’m just keeeeeeeeding!

( - Sorry IAD)