Stealth Bomber Crashes On Guam

2 crew ejected safely.
Story from AP via msn.com
msnbc.msn.com/id/23302483

Possibly excluding lawsuits, but in today dollars, replacement value of a B-2 is over two billion dollars. Making this the most expensive loss in aviation history!!! I recall afew years back, the cost of a new aircraft carrier, a new space shuttle, or a new B-2 were each 2 Billion USD.

Guam TV

Click Here interesting comments from Stephen Trimble’s Blog ‘The Dew Line’ regarding the B-2.

According to several sources, the average cost of a Nimitz class aircraft carrier is about $4.5 B, though I can’t tell in which year - so it is probably closer to $6 B today (guestimating).

It was actually around the time Congress voted to spend the money to turn the B-2 prototype, into a flight line aircraft.

It was also just reported from a press report, not a bill sent to congress.
Either way, lots of money. Even now, I see reports on the B-2’s cost from 1.19 B USD, to 2.5 B USD. (In the press).

Here is a downpayment;
liveleak.com/view?i=8d4_1174237976

And here is why you need B-2’s;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6c-umQ_hlc)

airforcetimes.com/news/2008/ … h_022608w/

Bar-B-2? Bar-B-2-cue?

So, that’s what $2bn worth of soot looks like.

Accident report released; Distorted data caused by moisture entering computer chips!!!

B-2 Spirit accident report

Accident webpage

So, that’s what $2bn worth of soot looks like

Everyone cheer for our tax dollars. WOOOHOO!!

Which Spirit Of was this?

Spirit of Kansas according to the Air Force Times link in a previous post in this thread.

Thanks. I had overlooked that.

old news with further inquiry.

February’s crash was caused by maintenance crews trying to do the right thing: They saw the wrong data and re-calibrated the sensors.

see:http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/worst_case_scenarios/4271563.html
for Popular Mechanics’s discussion of the accident sequence events.