Small Plane Crash

N162ST. All alive. I posted more at pprune.org/forums/showthread … ost3369716

Welcome to the forums, nano404. Thanks for posting. Many of us here enjoy reading about aircraft accidents! :smiling_imp:

No, it’s not because we enjoy hearing of the misfortunes of others - we like to read as much of the facts for ourselves so that we can hopefully learn from the mistakes of others.

Can you direct us to the source of your information - post a link or the URL to the story on the Internet? How did you hear about it? Any additional information about it would be appreciated.

Also, stories about accidents are usually posted in the “Aviation News” forum. This forum is for discussions about what we would like to see in new features for the FlightAware Web site.

AHHH Shoot. Meant to start it over there, was going to make two seperate threads and I mistakenly but this here. Please move it.

Can you direct us to the source of your information - post a link or the URL to the story on the Internet? How did you hear about it? Any additional information about it would be appreciated.

From my father, works with the CAA. He has first-hand information and spoke to the occupants (except the one injured I assume). Happened around 5:54 I think, ten miles NW of PLS/MBPV, the destination. I typed up the accident notification a bit earlier. Registration N162ST, owned by Silver Express. silverexpress.com/ Under rental planes you will see the picture with the registration below it. ETA is 2151 ( I see jotted down, seems long ).

If you look at the chart thing by FlightAware, http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N162ST, You’ll see it just stops right there after an island (Mayaguana). that spot is 36 miles NW of PLS (thanks Google earth) but I was told that the site was 10 miles from PLS , and I noticed that the last thing that FlightAware has is 5:30 but the reported crash time is 5:54 (I believe) So I assume that within that 24 minutes its plausible for the plane to travel 20 odd miles.

Good to have you nano!

Keep a close eye on the bottom of the maps sometimes. Thought this may not be the total reason for the difference on what you are seeing as far as the track time vs. the time of the crash, it may come in handy in the future…

“At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware’s service area. Information on this page may be unreliable.”

Yeah, well since I accidentally made this in the wrong place I’ll just request a feature. Maybe a few persons from each airport (live nearby) can report when aircraft land (Mainly outside the service area?). It helps to improve the, err accuracy a bit because an aircraft time may be 10-20 minutes off and if you’re expecting someone on the flight or you’re a spotter waiting on the flight, you may be standing there waiting on it, pulled up 5 minutes before FlightAware’s time and see the aircraft taxiing in, too late for a good shot, or miss it on the whole. So maybe a report button for arrived, departed and crashed aircraft. But not for all users as abuse is inevitable, will cause unnecessary fear. Hand selected, of course :stuck_out_tongue: But I don’t think airports within the service area will have a problem with delayed times? Having this for airports outside the service area sorta extends the service area a bit.

Flight Aware is the best flight tracking website I’ve ever used (the first ever ?). I use FlightStats, the advantage they have is that they have local flight listings for us, but miss out some flights, mainly private flights, All they’re showing right now is Airlines, local and international, and I know there’s always some private jet flying in and out of here, whether it be a Gulfstream, Cessna Citation, Learjet, Hawker, Challenger, whatever.

Check the FAQs. It will answer a lot of these little accuracy questions you may have about FA. There is a standard (as in FAA says so) 5-9 minute delay in the info FA receives from the FAA. There is your time issue. As far as knowing when they are going to land, head on over to the “my FA” area and customize some flight alerts for yourself. You can have them email to you, or even sent to your cell phone as a text message. Pretty cool feature…now if those pan and zoom maps would just come around (inside joke around here).

Don’t forget if a USA registered aircraft involved in an accident then it will be shown the FAA’s Preliminary Accident and Incident Reports database.

For this aircraft, see N1625T.

In fact, if the aircraft is USA made, it quite often makes the list even though another country will be doing the main investigation.

Yeah, I sent the accident notification to some guy from the FAA for my dad, he needs to correct it as one passenger was injured. They’re quick, guess they made it before the email got sent.

now if those pan and zoom maps would just come around (inside joke around here)

Yeah I want it too :stuck_out_tongue: