SBS Plotter Tool 2023 Version?

Is there a tool that can work like the old SBPotter tool and record ranges of all recorded airctaft over a period of time? I have the program still - can’t make it work anymore for some odd reason.

If you mean SBS plotter, then yes I have half an hour ago downloaded it (see download links below the screenshot). It is working OK on my Windows 10 computer.

Below is the screenshot of the range plot I just now created by running SBSplotter for about 20 minutes.

Download page: https://wiki.jetvision.de/wiki/Radarcape:SBS_Plotter

Direct download link: https://jetvision.de/resources/sbsplotter1.zip

SBS Plotter!!! not SB Plotter. TY!

I installed this on my Win 10 machine - works fine. Barfs on my Win 11 box. I may try a new download there

Scott

Does not work now…jeez.

Hmm, perhaps a firewall issue. I did shut this laptop down last night. Checking.

Deleted the app from my desktop, ran it from within the zip file and it works. Odd but ok.

Scott

SBS Plotter wworking fine on windows 7 :slight_smile:
Screenshot_414

I am glad to see the sbsplotter was made available for download again by jetvision. I was sorry it had been removed a while back but it was buggy and I did keep a copy. Unfortunately I see the version offered for download is still the 2006 version. It would be nice if they would either a) update it to be more stable or b) make it open source so others can enhance it.

Ten years ago I wrote a script in Perl to take an sbsplotter .out file and generate either KML or KMZ which could then be uploaded into Google Earth or Google Maps for display. The result for my site is:

Unfortunately, as I noted, it is written in Perl and very few people work with that any longer. Probably 99.999% of the community do not have a Perl runtime installed including me on my newer systems. I have since moved on to Node.js and have been thinking of rewriting it in JavaScript for Node.js (Python is not an option as I do not really know Python. It drives me crazy to work with its indent rules and most of my experience is with curly brace languages).

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’ve never heard of SBS Plotter.

@vannossc it is working okay here with Windows 11 Pro, feeder on local network.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.