Hello folks, Today i had problems, and i think i’m on track now & feeding again, but now i have two feeder-numbers which wasn’t my intention: the original one was 71652, and the new one is 72513. This is what happened:
(1) Earlier today i noticed there were frequent dump1090-fa error messages on my 192.168.0.26:8080 local page. “dump1090 may have stopped” but i was still feeding.
(2) I then found that i was locked out of ssh’ing to it. My password would no longer work.
(3) Googled & found a method of re-setting password by removing the SD card, editing a file on it, re-inserting into the Pi, and doing more commands. This did not fix it.
(4) Lacking knowledge, i removed the sd card, re-formatted it on a PC, burned the Raspbian image to it, put it back in the Pi, booted up, did a complete update of everything, re-installed Piaware and dump1090-fa, got that going, but then:
(5) I ‘claimed’ feeder status, and ended up with two feeder-numbers. I was afraid this would happen actually.
(6) Changed my RPi password to something harder to guess!! This in turn messed up my ssh authentication (ssh’ing from other linux & android devices, i don’t even try from Windows) but i fixed that. For the androids, i had to uninstall and re-install Termux. Android/Termux has lots of permissions issues even when the device is rooted.
I did notice my stats and ranking are preserved under my account name, so i’m grateful for that. Should i just shrug over the two-feeder issue? Or can the old feeder info be merged into 72513? Thanks for comments