Removing a Flightaware stick from account for re-use

Hi - I would like to give my Flightaware ADS-B stick to a friend, I’m assuming I need to remove it from my account first so it’s no longer linked to me and he will be able to claim it for his account?

I tried to follow the instructions at flightaware.com/adsb/faq#removesite but I don’t see anything as explained in step 4, "Click the link “remove this feeder site from my account”.

Thanks for any tips / suggestions!

Feeder sites are identified by a feeder id, so when you reinstall the software, you create a new site unless you do not manually add the old id.

This is different when you are given a free FlightFeeder from FA, but as you are referring to „stick“, I assume you mean an orange or blue SDR-dongle.

2 Likes

Correct, I have the orange Flightaware stick, I would like to give it to a friend. Just wondering if I need to remove it from my account in any way before he would be able to add it.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

No, as I said, you can just give it away, your friend will create a new site when he/she reinstalls the software :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The account is not bound to specific hardware. Your ID key is unique and will not move together with the stick.

Once your friend is registering his account, he will get his own key for the feeder he is using the stick for.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.