Received another APP Store Auto-Redirect this morning

I received another auto-redirect from a Flight Aware APP advertiser this morning. 11-7

Automatically re-directed me to the APP Store

iPhone 5

Glu Games Inc
Kim Kardashian Hollywood

I have started getting these on the iPad using Safari. App called Retale. There was another that I dont recall now. The Flightaware page jumps to another ad page and then the app store opens.

More shenanigans today: I just got a redirect and popup dialog congratulating me and informing me that I was today’s lucky visitor – click OK to continue. The only button in the dialog was an OK button, no Cancel or Close.

The dialog came from survey(dot)eliteserverconnect(dot)xyz. That sounds totally legit… :unamused:

Been having problems with being re-directed to the google store while viewing full site on phone, something to do with c.mobpartner. mobi which I think is connected to the ‘dragon city’ ad on this site.

Are you using a Mobile App or a web browser to access FlightAware? This information will help us target certain partners for the breach.

I am using Safari on both iPhone and iPad when it happens. I rarely use the Mobile App, but I have never had it happen when I do.

Todd

It was Safari on an iPad.

Same as the rest, viewing flightaware.com site with safari on ipad.

I had the same problem but solved it I went to the apple store nearest to me I showed them the problem either down load app of flightaware.com from app store don’t use safari then it shouldn’t jump pages. Once you have the app use that to get to flightaware not safari if you are all having problems with IPADS go to apple.com or visit the store they can set it for you :laughing: :laughing:

It sounds to me like a certain web site well known for breaches fr24 it happened to me but i tracked the IP address of a person online who was linked to that web site and lives in Cornwell the UK? he’s only 15 a school boy :laughing: :laughing:

Post subject: Re: Received another APP Store Auto-Redirect this morningPostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:24 pm
FlightAware Member
trwilson - FlightAware user avatar

I have started getting these on the iPad using Safari. App called Retale. There was another that I dont recall now. The Flightaware page jumps to another ad page and then the app store opens.

this problem is due to a few spammers trying to hack flightaware people. The link I traced or source comes from FR24.com. I then traced this link to the ip address in the UK in a place call Cornwell his IP blocker didn’t work properly :laughing: :laughing: this person is known on there live chat room or the school yard for big adults not gown up yet with there rubbish talk or info they visit here under bogus names. Thats why we don’t have caht rooms on this great site. Stay off there or have a laugh his name is KYLE.G another idiot that keeps spamming from the same site but was tracked to Lithuania and was also banned from this site for abuse he is known to others as Arcis99 if you have more probs at all I sugesst you get hold of fliight aware administrator to sort this out.

In Squawks and Headlines, there is a report option to notify FA about spam or other objectionable material. In the lower right corner is a red “!” that provides the same feature in discussions. Thanks to a tip from FA online support :slight_smile: